The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Cogitations questions? The answers are here... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Paul Chosse
View Profile
V.I.P.
1955 - 2010
2389 Posts

Profile of Paul Chosse
Steve Youell has asked me to post the following information for him on "The Magic Café". I am honoring his request. I have nothing to add, and cannot answer any questions, since I am not now, nor have I EVER been, involved in the administration of the site or the "Cogitations" project. Please do not expect me to respond to any questions on this thread. If you have questions address them to Steve, as indicated in his message...

"I will answer any and all questions regarding Cogitations—but I’ll only do it in
private and from actual subscribers because I will not attempt to have a
discussion with people who hide behind anonymity."

"I have set up an e-mail account specifically for this purpose and it will be
active for 15 days—not one day more." John8-7@cox.net

"I will answer all questions from subscribers but I will not answer e-mails
from non-subscribers. (Who, for some reason, comprise the majority of
the people demanding blood.)"

"Anyone posting my responses in a public forum will be blocked from further
correspondence."

Steven Youell

That's it. I hope anyone with unresolved issues will take this opportunity to address them.

Best, PSC
"You can't steal a gift..." Dizzy Gillespie
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16264 Posts

Profile of tommy
I just called to say that I love you.

An ominous fan.

Tommy
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Alewishus
View Profile
Inner circle
parts unknown
1213 Posts

Profile of Alewishus
I know he promised a lot of things that he couldn't deliver, but blood!

A.
Sack subs, ok Ross?
We miss you asper.
xformer7
View Profile
Veteran user
Central NJ
311 Posts

Profile of xformer7
I won't be looking to cast the first stone
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16264 Posts

Profile of tommy
I am mystified by all of this. Who is making a charge and what is it. Lets hear the evidence for the prosecution. Let's start with Alewishus; what exactly were you promised that you did not get?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Alewishus
View Profile
Inner circle
parts unknown
1213 Posts

Profile of Alewishus
No one promised me anything! I'm not that stupid.

But I did promise - when I was a boy scout - to do my part, like Smokey the Bear, and help prevent forest fires.
So instead of thinking in terms of 'casting the first stone', or 'kicking a man when he's down', think of it as making sure the fire is out.

I'm sorry you're mystified, but I won't do your thinking for you.

I won't answer to you either. I'm not prosecuting anyone and you're not holding court.

If on the other hand you want to subscribe to my new e-rag, I'll be happy to answer all your questions!

And what do you mean by an "An ominous fan"?

A.
Sack subs, ok Ross?
We miss you asper.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16264 Posts

Profile of tommy
No more questions. You are excused.

So is that the case for prosecution? or do we have another witness that is not that stupid.

Tommy
CharlieC
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of CharlieC
Regarding Cogitations, I know some people feel that they didn't receive all the articles or were "let down" because the site was taken down and they didn't get a chance to archive it. I think someone on the Genii forum suggested members could share the material with each other, but I'm not sure if Steve would ok that.

In talking with others, they also seem upset about the whole Cardguy Compendium project. Only 4-5 of 12 promised cd's were released. The majority of members seemed ok with it but a handful certainly feel that they did not get their value's worth (originally $169). I'm sure those with issues will contact Steve and deal with it privately, now that he has an email address again.
"Whenever he gets in a fix he reaches into his bag of tricks.
Felix the cat, the wonderful, wonderful cat..."
Alewishus
View Profile
Inner circle
parts unknown
1213 Posts

Profile of Alewishus
Unfortunatly, it appears Mr. Youell won't be so easily excused.

And what do you mean by an "An ominous fan"?

A.
Sack subs, ok Ross?
We miss you asper.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16264 Posts

Profile of tommy
Thank you Charlie I see. At least I know now what the gripe is about. My opinion is let Steve have some time to sort it out. I can tell you this that Steve set me up without payment and does not know me from Adam. I had no pay pal account but I did pay the $20 bucks later but he never asked me to and I thought it was worth it. It is a matter of opinion I accept that. He seems a great a guy to me and I am sure he will be as fair as he can. I leave it there.

Tommy
acehigher
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of acehigher
Can anyone tell me what any of this is about??

I'm guessing someone made a site that you had to pay to use. People paid every thing was good but now the site doesn't exist any more??? Am I right, why am I the last to find out about everything??
Tommy Brown
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of Tommy Brown
Some new material has been added to the Cogitations site and will only be available for a short time. This is the blurb I saw on another site:

"As promised, there are now bonus articles(three of them!) now up on the Cogitations site.

Remember, the site is only guaranteed to be available through 10/05/05, so download 'em while you can.

All three are from Paul Chosse, two historical articles and one handling of the Jack McMillen card rise.

Don't forget to click on the link and contribute to the Red Cross if you enjoy the downloads.

http://www.cogitations.net "

Hurry, 10/05/05 is coming up fast.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Cogitations questions? The answers are here... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL