The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Problem with the boomerang (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

AznSAmagic
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Canada
93 Posts

Profile of AznSAmagic
Hey guys... I've been trying to do the boomerang card (from Greg Wilson's Card Stunts) and for the life of me, I can't get it to shoot off.

Any suggestions?
Cerca Trova
leefoley3
View Profile
Elite user
Texas
402 Posts

Profile of leefoley3
Jeff McBride covers the boomerang card on one of his AOCM series. You can go to his website and see what is covered on each tape. He has VHS and DVDs of this series. *Disclaimer*- I, in no way, profit from this suggestion. Good luck. Lee. Smile
In December of '06 I was diagnosed with a very rare cancer, Dermatofibrosarcoma Protuberans. One in a million people worldwide are diagnosed with this type of cancer annually. Sarcomas account for 1% of all cancers. Knowledge is power!
dillib
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of dillib
I do a one handed boomerang, where you hold the card between your thumb and first finger about an inch from the right lengthwise corner. Your palm faces down, then use the second finger to shoot the card. Is Greg Wilson's Boomerang Audley Walsh's long distance spinner?
HuronLow
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of HuronLow
I think you're talking about, "I'm-not-sure-who-he-is'" spinner move (sorry). Just grip the deck really tight. Make your thumb a little more moist, lick it or something. You have to 'c' the cards upwards with your thumb, that helps, and do a slight upward motion with your arm. Don't straddle your cards too deep in or they'll just be stuck there.

Only the first joint of your index and pinky fingers are bent. You're kinda gripping the deck with the middle bone of your index finger and pinky, and your first joints of those two fingers make the grip tighter.

If you watch Greg Wilson's tape properly you'll see that the second and third fingers are more bent, but only the first joint touches the cards. I'm sorry that my explanation is not described too well. Just try it according to what I typed for you and you'll get it after a while. It does require practice. But it'll all pay off.
The T&R Project.
A revolutionary take on the Torn & Restored card.

Available now at www.HuronLow.com
dillib
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of dillib
All right Huron, thanks for your help! I can make the card spin, but no boomerang. Any advice on the required angle?
Jem
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
342 Posts

Profile of Jem
I guess it takes quite a bit of practice and experimenting to finally find the optimum angle. Right now, I've also just begun to practice the boomerang card, but can't seem to get the card to return to the original location. Somehow it seems to go off tangent on its way back. I guess I'll just have to keep practicing.
dillib
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of dillib
Ok then, practice practice practice!
Welshwizard
View Profile
Loyal user
Wales
292 Posts

Profile of Welshwizard
On a related topic-I know that the move to shoot the card out of the pack after a hotshot cut is/was called the snow shoe. Who is the creator?
dillib
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of dillib
The creator was Daryl Martinez. There are countless sources to this sleight/flourish.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Problem with the boomerang (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL