The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » 21st Century Coin Mechanics (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Glad you like the book -O-. Good luck on your finals. Smile

Arto Airaksinen, my good friend in Sweden: Thanks for the pretty postcard from Stockholm. Thank you for the kind comments about my book. I love your city and hope to return soon. Sorry I won't be able to make it to FISM this summer.

Kent Rogers (hobbymagic)and I ran in to each other on a Mediterranean cruise on the Noordam last week. We had a great session on board. Gyromagnetic Press' first sale on the open seas. Smile

Thanks to all of you who have purchased the book and helped to make it a success. We will be making a second printing of this first edition with 250 more copies and that will be it. I still have some copies from the first printing available. The second printing will be ready in July.

I'm working on a second book which will have a similar format with lots of b/w photos, detailed explanations, and complete script. Complete routines with cards, dice, rings, ropes, cords, bills, mentalism, apparatus you can make, and oh yeah coins too. Smile This is geared to the stand-up or strolling performer but some effects can be done sitting at a table if desired. I'm hoping to get it published before the end of the year. This is meant for the average magician with basic skills.

-Larry
boxjumper
View Profile
Veteran user
362 Posts

Profile of boxjumper
Larry,

I saw you do a great Oil and Water effect at the Cape Cod Conclave in the lobby a few years ago. Will that be in the new book?

Also, I'm using your Flying Changeover Palm as a vanish in my Cups and Balls routine. Many thanks for sharing that great move.

BJ
-0-
View Profile
New user
London
58 Posts

Profile of -0-
Another book? Larry if you keep up like this I'll be in trouble, no money and too much to do.

Judging by the quality of this volume I'll be getting the next one too.

(finals finished, big project in on next wednesday, then I'll give the book the time it deserves).

Best.
Regards,

-0-
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

BJ- Yes that Oil and Water routine will be in the book with a few new refinements. I'm glad to see that you are using the Flying Changeover Palm with objects other than coins.

-O- Thanks for the vote of confidence. The book will be larger than 21st Century Coin Mechanics and contain a diverse assortment of original magic that I perform. The material will be in the easy to intermediate range of skill needed.
hobbymagic
View Profile
New user
Houston, Texas
61 Posts

Profile of hobbymagic
Larry mentioned we met on a cruise. I was looking for a coins across routine that could be done standing(no table)and using regular coins. He showed me Boomerang Coins which blew me away! I now have the book and have been practicing. The more I study the routine the more I like it. It is simple and direct. There is a logical reason for each move so the slights and the patter fit like a hand and a glove.

I am sure the rest of the slights and routines are just as good but I can only learn one routine at a time. I am really anxious to be able to do Boomarang Coins
for some magicians (I believe there will be some jaws dropping).
wunceaponatime
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of wunceaponatime
I used to always use a sh--- for coins across. Since getting the book, I've abandoned the sh--- and do coins across only with four regular halves or silver dollars using the Boomerang Coins routine. It's great for strolling since it's done in your hands, no table needed. You start and end clean and the angles are great.
Vaderbreath
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Vaderbreath
I've had this book for a few months, but only the last couple of weeks have I really had the chance to study it with coins in hand. This book will be a classic. There are some utterly fantastic moves taught very clearly. Thanks, Larry, for the book and coins...this is really a lot of fun!

-Corey
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

Thanks Kent and Wunceaponatime for your comments. Boomerang Coins is one of my favorite effects for all the reasons you mentioned.

Corey, thanks for your confidence in the book. There is enough material in it it to keep you busy for years. Plus, you won't be doing what everyone else is because most of the moves are unique and the routines rely on those moves.

I checked the digital prepress proofs for the second (and last) printing of 21st Century Coin Mechanics and looks like the books will be in my hands by the end of June. I still have copies of the first printing available.

-Larry
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

I'm pleased to announce that my book 21st Century Coin Mechanics and the Companion Video CD will be distibuted exclusively by Stevens Magic Emporium and any dealers they choose to wholesale to. You can still buy the book and CD from me directly if you prefer, but the retail price will be the same. My book will be in their next mail order catalog.

I chose them because they are a very classy company that is selective in what they sell. They also support the Magic Café with their banner ads. As a longtime customer, I can assure you they are very service oriented and knowledgeable about the magic business.

-Larry
boxjumper
View Profile
Veteran user
362 Posts

Profile of boxjumper
Just saw the book on the Stevens Magic website.
http://www.stevensmagic.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=8197
Very nice.

BJ
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

BJ, thanks for the plug. Smile

I still have copies of the first printing which you can get from me or Stevens Magic.

The second printing is delayed. The sample they sent me used the wrong paper so the photos did not look crisp. They are reprinting the entire run and I should have those in two weeks. The content is the same. One small typo was corrected (a single letter) in the second printing.

Larry

Posted: Aug 18, 2006 12:27pm
-------------------------------------------
The second printing of 21st Century Coin Mechanics is complete. I still have some first edition copies. When you order tell me if you prefer the second printing or the first. A free dollar size genuine 100 year old Chinese coin still comes with each book as supplies last. The second printing is on a gloss 80 weight paper whereas the first printing was on an 80 weight coated matte paper. The photos look great on both. Signed books sent on request.

-Larry
Eva
View Profile
Regular user
Magicienne
125 Posts

Profile of Eva
Your book sounds interesting, Larry....do you ship to the UK?

Eva
"Believe it, or believe it not!" ~ Manuel Muerte

(__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

Hi Eva,
Yes, I do ship to the UK and in fact I have shipped about 50 books to the UK so far. My shipping charge to the UK is my exact cost of shipping which is $16 for Priority Air Mail Shipping for the book video CD, and free dollar size Chinese coin (2 pound package). Surface Mail shipping is cheaper but very slow. Click my link for additional info.

Larry
wunceaponatime
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of wunceaponatime
I didn't have a dollar size copper silver coin so I spray painted the back of the free Chinese coin that came with the book with a high quality gold paint. Now I'm all set to do Lucky Chinese Coin which uses a Chinese coin with a hole (which I have) and in my new silver/gold coin.
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

Good idea. You might want to spray the painted coin with a clear laquer coating since gold spray paints tend to rub off more than other colors.

By the way,

21st Century Coin Mechanics is now in its SECOND PRINTING.

To help celebrate that event, any order this week for the book/CD will receive FOUR authentic dollar size Chinese coins which are perfect for doing my Four Coins To Pocket, Boomerang Coins, Coins From Vegas, or Digestible Coins effects as taught in the book.

Shipping via US Air Mail overseas has gone up but I will keep my shipping charges the same.

This offer will not be repeated. Copies signed on request.

-Larry
Mr. Ray
View Profile
Loyal user
234 Posts

Profile of Mr. Ray
The book is GREAT! If you haven't still bought it your missing out. Everything I've tried from the book has worked out beautifully (except one move, wich is the easiest.)The Retention vanishes are worth the book alone (The maine reason I bought it). But there is so much more in the book! Jst buy it you already haven't... I'm planning on buying a second one so I have an extra one ( It is that GOOD). ps. Larry.. Do you give any discount for the buyers that have already bought one? Smile
Mr. Ray
View Profile
Loyal user
234 Posts

Profile of Mr. Ray
Some spelling errors in there -.- all of the moves has ben worked out beautifully butI can't execute one move very well. and I meant to say : Just buy it if you already haven't
Mr. Ray
View Profile
Loyal user
234 Posts

Profile of Mr. Ray
Again (spelling errors) . lol
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

Hi Ben,

Well I guess the book made it successfully over to Helsinki. I'm glad you are enjoying it and getting useful information from it.

Don't worry about your spelling. I'm impressed by anyone who can communicate in a second language.

If you want a second copy, I certainly can provide you with a discount. I'll PM you with details.

Let me know what move you are having a problem with. Perhaps I can give you some help or pointers.

Thanks (Kiitos),

Larry
Sword of the Soldier
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of Sword of the Soldier
Hey Larry,

How are the routines in the book, when it comes to stand up walk around situations. I like doing stuff in college, around classes, so you can see how I need things that work well standing up.

Josh
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » 21st Century Coin Mechanics (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL