The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » By Forces Unseen (S. Minch) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Marc01
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of Marc01
What do you think of this book?
Is it worth buying it?

Thanks
Marc
Stefan S.
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Stefan S.
Depends on what you are looking for!

If you want sleigth of hand this book is for you!

Cheers

Stefan
Dave Egleston
View Profile
Special user
Ceres, Ca
632 Posts

Profile of Dave Egleston
It's one of the best card books around - If you're new to magic - Keep the book - You'll have something to shoot for in a couple of years - If you're experienced - This will give you a great deal of pleasure - Ranks up there with McCarthy's SLY GLANCES

DAVE
KC
View Profile
Special user
Utah
550 Posts

Profile of KC
By Forces Unseen has some incredibly interesting effects in there. I've played with a couple routines in there, and boy do I need a lot of work. There are lots of interesting plots and utility moves. For me, I was fascinated with his gambling section and riffle shuffling demos. Tough, tough stuff, not for the un-dedicated and people who don't have a lot of time to practice. But it's has some cool stuff in there.

Dave, I have a question for you. I believe that I have a copy of McCarthy's SLY GLANCES. I won it in some auction from e-bay a year ago. It's a compilation of lecture notes combined into a book, right? If so, what were your favorite effects? I read through it, and nothing really leaped up off the page and forced me to practice. It seemed like a lot of the tricks needs some kind of stack or set-up. Am I sitting on some goldmine that I overlooked? If there is, at least point me in the right direction. Thank you.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » By Forces Unseen (S. Minch) (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL