The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » And the moral of the story is...... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Amazing Michael
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of The Amazing Michael
This is a story of something that happened to me earlier this week and it is 100% true! (wink)

I went out in my back yard the other day and I was walking around barefoot. I stubbed my toe on something sticking up out of the grass and I started to pull it up out of the ground when I noticed it was a very strange artifact. The object looked very much like an old Arabian lamp, so I decided to brush some of the dirt off of it when something strange happened.

As I was brushing the lamp off, there was a great flash of light and then a genie appeared. The genie had his eyes closed and had his massive arms folded accross his chest and said, "Yes Master, I grant you three...." Just then, the genie peeked an eye open to see who he was talking to. "Oh, it's YOU!", the genie said in a snyde tone...."You have one wish, make it good.", he continued. "I thought that I have three wishes?", I said, in protest. The genie shot back, "Yeah, normally I do give three wishes, but I don't like you. You have ONE wish, so make it good!"

The first thing I wanted to wish for was "world peace", but I thought that might be a little over the top so I got out a map of the World and showed the genie "The Middle East" portion of the map. I looked the genie right in the eyes and said, "You see this area of the World? I wish to have peace in this area of the World for ever and ever." The genie lost his cool with me and shouted, "What do you think I am?!!! GOD?!!! What, do you think that I can do anything?!! Pick something a little easier!"

I sat and pondered the genie's words for a few moments and then I had a great idea! I looked back over at the genie and said, "Mr. Genie, I am an escape artist and I post on the Magic Café' Forums almost every day. I wish you would make everyone on the All Tied Up section get along a little better, stop misunderstanding each other, and just start being helpful and nice to one another."

The genie began to stare into space for a second and then a look of deep thought and concentration suddenly came over his face, as he took in my humble request. A few seconds later he replied, "......let me see that map again."

Yes, this a funny story, but everyone here needs to look at the real message behind the humor. Ponder this message before you decide to open any old wounds on outdated posts, or respond harshly to something you view as an attack. Lets move forward, not back. Lets keep things civil and simple. As Bill S. Preston Esquire and Ted Theodore Logan one said, "Be excellent to each other, and......party on dudes!!!" This message is not meant to offend....it is sent with love! (wink) I am always here to help. With love, The Amazing Michael
*CAUTION* Does NOT play well with others!
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Michael,

It's funny that you should tell such a story. Years ago, I was walking a beach, looking at what the ocean had washed into the tide pools, when I discovered an ornate brass bottle with its stopper sealed in wax. I broke the seal and a great cloud of smoke poured out, forming itself into the figure of a gigantic, blue-skinned Genii. The Genii spoke, saying, "I have been trapped within that prison for a thousand years. For freeing me, I will grant you one wish!"

I thought only of my own improvement, and immediately said, "I would like infinite wisdom."

The Genii clapped his hands, and said, "Even as you speak, it will be so!"

The Genii vashished. I stared out at the ocean for a moment or two, then said aloud to the infinite waters, "Darn, I should have asked for money!"

Keep working, everybody!

Yours,

Paul
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
I too rubbed that bottle and the Genii gave me a choice of a long P**** or a long memory.

You know I can`t remember which I chose!!!!

Ken.
The Amazing Michael
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Kondini, that was good! You don't mind if I use that one, do you? I will give you full credit, of course. Mike
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Ah, that's an old one. A bit like Ken himself really Smile
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
The old ones are old for a reason,,,,,cos they are the best ones,,,you little whipper snapper.
Steve Baker - Mr.Escape
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of Steve Baker - Mr.Escape
Ken,

Your absolutely right on... Now if they would just listen and learn!!!

Steve
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Sorry Ken, I just had to, I couldn't resist... Smile
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
MattTheKnife
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of MattTheKnife
Hahahaha, These were quite entertaining Smile

Cheers,
-Matt (TK)
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
Hey I love all the Genii stories guys. Keep em coming!
Tony
The Amazing Michael
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Tony, if I keep this up, they just might kick me off of this forum and send me over to the stand-up comedy forum!!! I had better start talking escapes!!! LOL! All the best, Mike
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Some folks would say that stand-up is a form of escape, eh?
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » And the moral of the story is...... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL