The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Ellusionist M5 vs. Penguin Micro 5 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Eight Spades
View Profile
Elite user
Ohio (northwest)
482 Posts

Profile of Eight Spades
Does anyone know the difference between these two products? Are there pros and cons to each one? I want the strongest, highest quality M. Thanks!

-Christian
"Tricks are only the crude residue from which the lifeblood of magic has been drained." -S.H. Sharpe
Corey K
View Profile
Special user
Rhode Island
503 Posts

Profile of Corey K
Actually, what you get from ellusionist is indeed the Pro PK Kit, along with Brad's tip sheets.
Grandpa Kadabra
View Profile
New user
Utah
9 Posts

Profile of Grandpa Kadabra
I ordered my M5 (Pro PK Kit) from Ellusionist without even checking the prices at different places, because it was worth it to me, whether Ellusionist's version cost more or not, to have Brad Christian's notes on it. I think he's one of the best teachers of magic there is.

I also wanted the access to Ellusionist's forum about the trick. I gotta tell you, those kids on the Ellusionist forums (most of them are in there teens!) have really taught me things I never would have dreamed of, and some of them come up with incredible ideas for presentation.

(I'm 60 years old and did my first magic trick as a little kid, but sometimes these bright young minds humble me.)

Sometimes you'll find things more expensive at Ellusionist, and you just have to decide how much it's worth to you to get the extras like forum access.
bradchristian
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of bradchristian
I agree, Grandpa. I too have been humbled by the ideas that just seem to come to these young guys... I use some of the ideas in my own performances with a lot of success.
crdshark86
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
238 Posts

Profile of crdshark86
Quote:
On 2003-06-24 03:23, Grandpa Kadabra wrote:
I ordered my M5 (Pro PK Kit) from Ellusionist without even checking the prices at different places, because it was worth it to me, whether Ellusionist's version cost more or not, to have Brad Christian's notes on it. I think he's one of the best teachers of magic there is.

I also wanted the access to Ellusionist's forum about the trick. I gotta tell you, those kids on the Ellusionist forums (most of them are in there teens!) have really taught me things I never would have dreamed of, and some of them come up with incredible ideas for presentation.

(I'm 60 years old and did my first magic trick as a little kid, but sometimes these bright young minds humble me.)

Sometimes you'll find things more expensive at Ellusionist, and you just have to decide how much it's worth to you to get the extras like forum access.

That's very arguable.
Ask me about Dan Harlan's Jam Sessions!
Mike Doogan
View Profile
New user
US (living in UK)
64 Posts

Profile of Mike Doogan
Buy the original from Chuck. He'll teach you more than any teen wannabe.

He's also a really nice guy who will drop everything to help you out. He did that for me when I was going through a rough patch a few years ago.
phillys
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of phillys
Quote:
On 2007-03-26 16:26, Mike Doogan wrote:

He's also a really nice guy who will drop everything to help you out. He did that for me when I was going through a rough patch a few years ago.

Teen wannabe or not, you can't deny that someday, one of these kids might be the next legend in magic. Even if your bones turn to dust, it doesn't mean that magic will stop growing and the only people who will carry this art forward are the younger generation.

Humble your minds and be ready to receive because some of the things that these kids have to share may be invaluable. Who knows?
Mike Doogan
View Profile
New user
US (living in UK)
64 Posts

Profile of Mike Doogan
Quote:
On 2007-03-27 10:22, phillys wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-03-26 16:26, Mike Doogan wrote:

Teen wannabe or not, you can't deny that someday, one of these kids might be the next legend in magic. Even if your bones turn to dust, it doesn't mean that magic will stop growing and the only people who will carry this art forward are the younger generation.

Humble your minds and be ready to receive because some of the things that these kids have to share may be invaluable. Who knows?

If you're the next big thing then great. But you're still going to be standing on the shoulders of giants.
phillys
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of phillys
Quote:
On 2007-03-27 10:40, Mike Doogan wrote:

If you're the next big thing then great. But you're still going to be standing on the shoulders of giants.

Well, in a way what you say may be true. People like Ed Marlo, Dai Vernon, etc.. are indeed the 'Giants' of magic but one shouldn't undermine the abilities of a teenager. Knowledge is still knowledge, whether it comes from a kid or an adult. Good knowledge is hard to come by and credits should always be given where it's due(hey, I'm sure you knew about that!). So, if a kid comes up with a brilliant new idea and experiments with brand new concepts, you gotta 'respect' (respect, not bow) these people who took the effort to come up with these things.

Look at Daniel Garcia, Ben Williams, Wayne Houchin, Sean Beard, Corey King; heck, there are a lot more, that contributes to the magic community. Well, I don't know their age but I'm sure some of these people took up magic at a young age and went through their teenage years doing magic and continued learning. Look at FRAUD, Labelled, Indecent, Kaos, King Rising... these are effects that make full use of things that they discover and took the time and effort to develope them.

I mean, LOOK AT COREY KING. That guy's only 16 when he came up with the King Rising Levitation. It's not the next best thing since sliced bread or even the greatest levitation in the world, but COULD YOU come up with something like that and develope it with the subtleties and ideas? Maybe. Maybe not.

Brilliant, brilliant minds.

Young magicians should always be treated equal and given opportunities to share their ideas.
Mike Doogan
View Profile
New user
US (living in UK)
64 Posts

Profile of Mike Doogan
You are very articulate for one so young. Well done.

As one generation gives way to the next it is important that all that went before isn't forgotten.

Refinement is fine as long as the art is advanced in some way.

Phillys, you are the next generation. Continue to uphold the approach and ethics that have been adopted by your forefathers and you'll do just fine.

It's ok to admire the innovators of the present but also remember to look at the innovators of the past, you'll be surprised at what you might learn.
phillys
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of phillys
Quote:
On 2007-03-27 12:37, Mike Doogan wrote:
You are very articulate for one so young. Well done.

As one generation gives way to the next it is important that all that went before isn't forgotten.

Refinement is fine as long as the art is advanced in some way.

Phillys, you are the next generation. Continue to uphold the approach and ethics that have been adopted by your forefathers and you'll do just fine.

It's ok to admire the innovators of the present but also remember to look at the innovators of the past, you'll be surprised at what you might learn.

Thanks for kind words.

That's why we have the Café because it's where the old and the young can gather to remember the magicians in the past as well as to look forward to the next generation and improve our art together.

Cheers!
Mike Doogan
View Profile
New user
US (living in UK)
64 Posts

Profile of Mike Doogan
Quote:

That's why we have the Café because it's where the old and the young can gather to remember the magicians in the past as well as to look forward to the next generation and improve our art together.

Cheers!

Couldn't have said it better myself! There is common ground between generations.
mballen11502
View Profile
Loyal user
Memphis, TN
202 Posts

Profile of mballen11502
This thread began to discuss the difference between the m5 from Ellusionist and the Micro 5 from Penguin. My understanding is that they are exactly the same. I bought mine from Ellusionist as well to get the notes (which were pretty good but not worth the $17 price if bought separately). I still haven't used mine a lot - haven't really figured the best way to wear it day in and day out. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
FreefallFool
View Profile
New user
UK
61 Posts

Profile of FreefallFool
I'm interested in purchasing the M5 myself, so any feedback from satisfied/dis-satisfied owners would be most welcome... I'm in the UK so I don't know how that affects the purchase, aside from hefty P&P costs!!! Anybody know of a UK supplier/stockist or is it an Ellusionist exclusive?
Smile It's not how far you fall, it's how you land... Smile
Kip Stevens
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Kip Stevens
I knock people to the left, to the right and BAMMMM right on their butt when I perform my M5 magic!!!

You GOTTA get this. You will NOT regret it. You'll be knockin' out MIRACLE class material with this little SUKKA!!

I've had people FREAKIN' on me when I perform me some M5 material. Chicken bones move, watches stop and little metal rings twizzle together with the power of this unit.

Best of all, for anyone that has really been BUGGIN' you out, just wave it over their wallet and ERASE that plastic!!! REVENGE feels soooooooooooooo sweet!!!!!!!!!
FreefallFool
View Profile
New user
UK
61 Posts

Profile of FreefallFool
Cheers Kip, sounds like you're having fun with it.
Smile It's not how far you fall, it's how you land... Smile
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1448 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Since both of them do not manufacture anything, they buy it from somewhere. It is a possibility that thay have bought from the same manufacturer.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
And always remember this: Rob Stiff is Ben Salinas's uncle!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
phillys
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of phillys
I was thinking through the other day about the M5 and PK Pro Kit, what are the difference between the 2 kits? Is everything exactly the same including the hook-up, gimmick and gaffs that came along with the respective kit? Is the only difference between the 2 kits being Brad's notes?
KidMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Bradford
183 Posts

Profile of KidMagic
If you want the best I suggest going with the M5 from ellusionist. I have seen it performed and it has recieved amazing reactions. When the magician simply fliped over a coin on the spectators hands the people gathered around went nuts!

Zach
Magically yours,
KidMagic/Zachary Gauthier
www.kidmagic.ca
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Ellusionist M5 vs. Penguin Micro 5 (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL