The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Rick Maue lecture in the area? GO!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1533 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
I just had to let everyone know...

If you hear even a rumor of Rick Maue coming to your area to lecture, run to this lecture, sell blood to get the fee, do whatever it takes to get there and TAKE LOTS OF NOTES! Rick has to be (and I told him this as well) one of the most underrated performers, lecturers and thinkers in our venerable art! I thought I'd seen everything until last night. Rick's lecture is just that...it's a lecture...not a demonstration and explanation of everything (though he does do that), but he also goes into how he developed the routines...the thinking behind them... This wasn't just a lecture, but a master class on how to creat new magic!

Afterwards, myself and another friend went out for coffee with him and I can say that Rick is also one of the funniest, kindest and warmest people I've met. We talked til 1:30 in the morning and it was worth missing the sleep. I can only say that I wish he lived closer to Nashville so that we could hang out more. I was stretched and challenged through his lecture more than I can remember in quite some time!
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer
Host of the Haunted Magic show at House of Cards Nashville!
Midnight333
View Profile
Veteran user
353 Posts

Profile of Midnight333
I was there too. I agree this lecture was very excellent. I feel very luck to have had the chance to attend as well as to speak with such a brilliant man. He is very personable and more than willing to help his brothers in the Art. So all you Nor easters get to that convention, I assure you that he will be the highlight. It was worth the two hour drive through the mountains and past a castle. Seriously, past a castle! I mean talk about off to see the wizard! Yeah, great stuff. Guys, get Seratabos very good! Okay, bye.
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1533 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
Midnight,
Were you the guy out standing with us after the lecture talking to Rick by his car?
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer
DR STEVE HOSKINS
View Profile
Special user
North Wales, UK.
831 Posts

Profile of DR STEVE HOSKINS
Is rick in the UK doing lectures? do you know his itinery ?
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Will he be in Florida?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1533 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
Check his website on that, or just email him. He is a member here and also a pretty stand up guy. He will respond to you if you contact him.
His email is magic@deceptionsunlimited.com and you can click to the website at deceptionsunlimited.com

Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
His "Book if Haunted Magick" is also very good.

Magixx
Optimists have more fun.....
Rick Maue
View Profile
V.I.P.
Pittsburgh, PA
584 Posts

Profile of Rick Maue
Greetings,

To begin, thanks to everyone for the very nice words. The lecture in Tennessee was a really good time, and the people were great. (In fact, I even had the chance to include some brand new material, and I am very happy to say that it played very well.) I really hope to have the chance to return in the future so that we can do it all over again.

As for upcoming lectures, I am currently keeping my schedule a bit light for several reasons. But, in the next two months, I will be lecturing at MINDvention, the NE Magic Convention, and also in Pittsburgh.

However, I am already putting together lecture tours for quite a few locations in 2006. So, if your club (or local shop) is interested, please go here:

http://www.deceptionsunlimited.com/menu1.html

...and then follow the link to the Lecture Page. But like I said, I am already starting to put my schedule together, so give me a yell if you have any questions.

Thanks again everyone.

Keep the change,
Rick Maue
Deceptions Unlimited
Check out what is happening at Deceptions Unlimited

www.deceptionsunlimited.com
Euangelion
View Profile
Special user
688 Posts

Profile of Euangelion
Rick have you thought of coming over to Harrisburg with your new material?
Bill Esborn

"Lutefisk: the piece of cod that passes all understanding."
Midnight333
View Profile
Veteran user
353 Posts

Profile of Midnight333
Rickmagic1, yes that was me. Its good to meet people from the Café in person, although this happened a bit retroactively. That was a great lecture and once again, Rick Maue is in my opinion, a brilliant man and an indespensible source of knowledge.
Rick Maue
View Profile
V.I.P.
Pittsburgh, PA
584 Posts

Profile of Rick Maue
Quote:
On 2005-09-13 14:45, Euangelion wrote:
Rick have you thought of coming over to Harrisburg with your new material?

Greetings,

I would certainly love to lecture in Harrisburg. After all, being just a few hours away, we would not have to wait to schedule it into one of my tours. You folks are close enough for a simple over-nighter. If you would like to set something up give me a yell.

Keep the change,
Rick
Check out what is happening at Deceptions Unlimited

www.deceptionsunlimited.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Rick Maue lecture in the area? GO!!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL