The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » "Illusion-The Many Faces of Jason Michaels" opens in Nashville, TN (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jason Michaels
View Profile
New user
Nashville, TN
18 Posts

Profile of Jason Michaels
Jason Michaels, a Nashville based magician and illusionist, recently announced the opening of his full evening stage show entitled “Illusion – The Many Faces of Jason Michaels” at the Gibson Showcase Thursday, September 22, 2005. Having produced two Halloween Houdini Challenges at Opry Mills Mall where Michaels successfully escaped from the infamous Underwater Torture Cell and a regulation straitjacket, he is no stranger to Nashville audiences. However, he has never presented his full stage show for Nashville audiences. “Illusion – The Many Faces of Jason Michaels” promises to be an evening full of high-energy illusions, award-winning magic, and Michaels’ unique, often humorous, outlook on the world.

“I know that when most people hear the words ‘magic’ or ‘magician’, they think the show is only suitable for an audience of children”, remarks Michaels. “Don’t get me wrong - children will love the show - but I am attempting to create an experience that is far from a kids’ magic show. My main goal is to share my view of the world with my audience. I hope to take magic out of the realm of strictly skill and techniques and bring it into the realm of art. My show has been designed to be energetic, humorous, sad, sensual, uplifting, even thought provoking. I want my audience to feel a wide range of emotions and leave the theater convinced that magic is an excellent adult entertainment as well.”

Michaels notes that one of his key strengths as a stage performer comes from his background as an actor. That training has allowed him to do something that few other magicians have done onstage. It allows him to create and perform as several unique personas that interact with the audience during the show. Michaels’ performance as one of those personas, “Francesco - the Shakespearean street hustler”, resulted in two 2nd place finishes at two separate, major international magic competitions last month. Audiences can expect to encounter “Francesco”, along with several other of Michaels’ characters during the show, but should also be ready to enjoy several high-energy stage illusions as well as a haunting story featuring razor blades.

Jason Michaels initially became interested in magic during a visit to a magic shop some fourteen years ago. After his initial interest flourished and following his graduation from college, Jason had the unique opportunity to work for and train with Master Illusionist Brett Daniels for several years in Tunica, MS. He again worked with Daniels a few years later, touring China with him twice. Michaels has traveled all over the world performing magic and reports to be thrilled to bring his show home to a local Nashville audience.

“Illusion – The Many Faces of Jason Michaels” will play at The Gibson Showcase Thursday, September 22, 2005. Doors open at 7:30 p.m. and the show begins at 8:00 p.m. Tickets are $10 and are available by calling 615-430-3666. The Gibson Showcase is located at Opry Mills Mall – 161 Opry Mills Drive, Nashville, TN. Jason Michaels can be contacted through his website – http://www.jasonmichaelsmagic.com.
www.cardsharktheshow.com
A live, interactive sleight of hand show.

View my TEDx Nashville Talk
"Hook, Line, & Sinker: The Anatomy of a Scam"
http://youtu.be/Z6BXeIjnaYE
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » "Illusion-The Many Faces of Jason Michaels" opens in Nashville, TN (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL