The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Best Impromptu Object DVD???? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
ivfour
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
233 Posts

Profile of ivfour
Who has the best impromptu magic tricks using just regular objects out on DVD. I know that several magicians have them out, but what one is the best?
Jerry Smile
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Your timing is perfect! Jay Sankey just releases his Anytime, Anywhere dvd where all of the featured 34 tricks/effects are impromptu ( well, except one, to be precise). He uses matches, pen, rubberbands, cards, coins, etc to create an impressive collection of very commerical effects in this dvd. Check it out at http://www.mjmmagic.com/
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
gngorick
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of gngorick
Check out Gregory Wilson's work. Off the Cuff and On the Spot are great dvds. His newest release, In Action contains 90% impromptu magic. They are probably my favourite dvds.
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1028 Posts

Profile of in flames
Quote:
On 2005-09-08 12:12, gngorick wrote:
Check out Gregory Wilson's work. Off the Cuff and On the Spot are great dvds. His newest release, In Action contains 90% impromptu magic. They are probably my favourite dvds.

Exactly! Everything Greg puts out is gold. In Action is my favorite as well. Also on the plus side is the fact that Greg alway's has hot looking girls helping him during the explainations.
milamber
View Profile
Regular user
So. Cal
128 Posts

Profile of milamber
Greg Wilson's "On the Spot" gets my vote.
ivfour
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
233 Posts

Profile of ivfour
Thanks, it look like Grey Wilson's "On the Spot" is a very good DVD and hot looking girls helping is good too!!!

What does everyone that has seen Jay Sankey just releases his Anytime, Anywhere dvd think about it?
Jerry Smile
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Greg Wilson's stuff is very good but his effects, IMO, requires a good working knowledge of sleights that he doesn't go over in details at times.
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
875 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
Quote:
On 2005-09-08 21:00, evolve629 wrote:
Greg Wilson's stuff is very good but his effects, IMO, requires a good working knowledge of sleights that he doesn't go over in details at times.

True, but they're still good! Another vote for Jay's Anytime Anywhere DVD!

Michael
Al Straker
View Profile
Grammar Host
Australia
1116 Posts

Profile of Al Straker
Some of Dan Harlan's Impromptu stuff is genius, a little older but overlooked by many.

Cheers,
Al
Al Straker
Resident Mystery Entertainer at Multiple Venues
Music & Mentalism Specialty Act 'Completely Mental'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyGhApqnG7I

(Old clip, show has changed quite a bit since then!)

Jazz & Contemporary Musician/Composer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnN3JNmeKns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_zfOvpneA
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6967 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I don't think Greg's impromptu stuff requires a lot of difficult sleights. The stuff on On The Spot is no more difficult than the stuff on the new Jay Sankey dvd. In fact, they both use a lot of the same sleights. On The Spot is not only a great dvd of effects, it's also a wonderful tool for studying timing and misdirection.
andrelimantara
View Profile
Special user
Surabaya, Indonesia
869 Posts

Profile of andrelimantara
The Xtreme Rubber band dvd - Joe Rindfleisch
Or rubber band magic - Dan Harlan
I think also a good DVDs for impromtu. The only thing you need is rubber band
about the Greg Wilson....
Can't say any better than the others.... He's great
"Good performance comes from good practice, Great performance comes from the heart - Andre Limantara"
ivfour
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
233 Posts

Profile of ivfour
Thanks,evolve629, Micheal, Al, cfrancis andrelimantara. Andrelimantara, I know just a couple of rubberband tricks, but I will just out Joe and Dan thanks for the idea.
Jerry Smile
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
Quote:
On 2005-09-09 03:13, Al Straker wrote:
Some of Dan Harlan's Impromptu stuff is genius, a little older but overlooked by many.

Cheers,
Al

Now on DVD through L&L!
I do not own these DVD's but they look good and I might get them eventually.
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2005-09-07 23:46, ivfour wrote:
Who has the best impromptu magic tricks using just regular objects out on DVD. I know that several magicians have them out, but what one is the best?

I'm gonna stick with Greg Wilson! He's at the top of my list..if you haven't purchased his DVDs you are hurting, my friend!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Big Jeff
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
Aldo Columbini has a 3 disk set that just came out that is all impromtu card tricks.

It is very good as is the new Sankey.

Gregory Wilson's stuff is also very good.
Al Straker
View Profile
Grammar Host
Australia
1116 Posts

Profile of Al Straker
Hey Jeremy,

Good comment man, I don't have a huge collection but what I do buy is always quality! Dan has a lot of very creative and workable impromptu stuff. I gave up on Sankey after a while because as much as I like his creativity often there is only a small-meduim sized portion of workable, real world material.

Some of the other artists who do lots of impromptu stuff only publish properly polished routines that are audience tested, not just 'ideas' that may become a good routine with more work.

Cheers,
Al

Cheers,
Al
Al Straker
Resident Mystery Entertainer at Multiple Venues
Music & Mentalism Specialty Act 'Completely Mental'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyGhApqnG7I

(Old clip, show has changed quite a bit since then!)

Jazz & Contemporary Musician/Composer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnN3JNmeKns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_zfOvpneA
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6967 Posts

It's true that some Sankey stuff isn't very practical or convincing. But his new dvd is very good.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2005-09-12 16:02, cfrancis wrote:
It's true that some Sankey stuff isn't very practical or convincing. But his new dvd is very good.

Are you referring to his Front Row Sankey? Or his Anytime, Anywhere dvd? His works in Rev. Card Magic and Greatest Hits require preps for most of his effects (well, with some exception such as his coin stuff). But I'd say that his effects are all very convincing. If you want practical and/or impromptu magic, go with the Anytime, Anywhere dvd.
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
Quote:
On 2005-09-09 03:13, Al Straker wrote:

Cheers,
Al

Totally agree!!! Dan Harland is a great thinker. A lot of his material is only possible to get on Video, but makes for great bargains at the magic dealers.
His work on impromptu magic is gold!!!

-e-
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6967 Posts

I was talking about Anytime Anywhere. When I was refering to stuff that wasn't all that practical, I mean't effects off of some of his other dvd's like 22 Blows to the Head and some of the stuff on Rev. Coin Magic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Best Impromptu Object DVD???? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.54 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL