The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Best Impromptu Object DVD???? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
gerard1973
View Profile
Special user
Michigan, U.S.A.
688 Posts

Profile of gerard1973
I have to agree with evolve629. I would rather learn magic from Jay Sankey than Gregory Wilson.

I like many of Gregory Wilson's effects but he does not always explain the sleights used and skips over the details needed for the effect. In my opinion, Wilson does not always explain the trick good enough for you to learn it.

Jay Sankey on the other hand is a great teacher. Whenever Sankey teaches you an effect he explains the trick in detail and give you the working knowledge of the sleights needed plus the psychology of the routine.

Gerard
"Confusion is not magic."
Dai Vernon
gerard1973
View Profile
Special user
Michigan, U.S.A.
688 Posts

Profile of gerard1973
Cfrancis, I have to disagree with you about Jay Sankey's magic not being very practical or convincing. Practical and convincing magic tricks has more to do with presentation than the types of effects.

Jay Sankey's effects are simple, visual, and easy to perform. That makes for great magic. Audiences love Sankey's tricks.

Gerard
"Confusion is not magic."
Dai Vernon
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Best Impromptu Object DVD???? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL