The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Table top (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Quote:
On 2005-11-22 14:17, saheer wrote:
I hate to do this, since I've more than once been guilty of going off the posted topic, but has anyone tried one of the folding harbin-style tables like Cellini used? I imagine they're quite expensive and wonder about their durability and stability - particularly if you had a larger top.

I used one in the beginning of the season this year and had a hell of a time with it. They are fairly flimsy and even with the cut outs on the legs topple easily in the wind.

I switched to one of those el-cheepo appearing tables that have a tripod base and a red table top with gold fringe. This was a much more sturdy table for 25 bucks than my $250 Russian job. But, even that had problems and in the end went to a busker style table similar to the tray jack and top but bigger, sturdier, and more portable. I also used a Lefler suitcase table with a framed tabletop when working my usual pitch and loved it. I could fit everything into it including my sound system. I'd flip that sucker open, put the top on it, yank out my amp can and iCue, put on the wireless mic and was good to go. It broke down quick too.

The downside was it was very heavy. So when working some of the other spots where I moved around a lot the other rig was a better fit.

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13350 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I use the same thing as Danny for practically all my shows.

A small lefler pro table with my table top on top.
Everything fits in my lefler table except my new 12" rings.

Those I keep in the table bag with the tabletop.

A great combo. The lefler table is pretty heavy but the convenience outweighs the weight issue. Plus the wheels help.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
saheer
View Profile
Regular user
165 Posts

Profile of saheer
Thanks for the information!
"Because, without beer, things do not seem to go as well"

1902 diary of Brother Epp, Capuchin monk from Munjor,
Kansas
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Table top (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL