The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Show directing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
Has anybody here worked with Jeff McBride as a director or coach? I am considering hiring him, but I want to know what others who have worked with him think.

Before you answer, understand that I am well aware of Jeff's reputation and skills as a performer, so I don't need to know how creative and inspiring it would be to work with him one-on-one. I highly respect Jeff, but what I am looking for is very nuts and bolts type help in putting together my act. I am concerned I may get a little caught up in the artistic side of the presentations and move my goal further out. Since that's the problem I'm having now, I need very practical, down-to-earth, kick in the seat of the pants type help. Jeff is a very creative thinker and I very easily lose focus when presented with too many options. (In other words, I spend far too much time modifying and far too little finishing Smile )

If you have worked with Jeff before, please let me know an honest opinion of how it worked out for you. Also, if you have worked with another exceptional director, consultant or coach, please let me know. I'm ready to take this stuff to the next level and it's time to call in some expert assistance.

Thanks,
Richard
Caveat Lector
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Caveat Lector
Hi Richard,
Being an alumni of Mystery School and having taken lessons with Jeff I can say that you can't go wrong. You just need to be very specific about what you are trying to achieve. Tell him what you want and where you want to go, he can help you a lot if you give him a direction. You can also ask Jeff about the director that helped him, his name escapes me at the moment, but he is not only a magician but a director and gave me some great advice as well about my act. You can learn volumes about your act when you break it down and Jeff can help you in this department, best of luck to you.
Corrupting the art of magic, one show at a time
www.underworldent.com
www.myspace.com/johnshawcomedymagic
Norrabmagic
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of Norrabmagic
I have worked with jeff many times. He is great. But if you want the best of the best go with bob fitch. He directed Jeff's show. Jeff is a great magician and if you want to learn new moves and tricks to add to your act, he is the guy to call. If you want to go beyond effects, and you want your magic to have wonderful meaning and substance Bob fitch is the man. check his site Fitchmagic.com
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
Thanks for the info. I'll check it out.

Richard
Caveat Lector
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Caveat Lector
Yes, Bob Fitch is the name I could not remember. He is great and will help you direct your show. He has a great eye for detail and will really improve your staging, best of luck to you.
Corrupting the art of magic, one show at a time
www.underworldent.com
www.myspace.com/johnshawcomedymagic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Show directing (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL