The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Dice Cup recommendations... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Seth
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of Seth
Hi there guys...
Do you guys have any recommendations for Dice Stacking cups? The only 2 well known ones seem to be the Mike Rogers and Jim Zachary cup. With the former unavailable, there doesn't seem to be much choice. Also, do you guys know if the dice cup which also serves as a chop cup is available?

Thanks in advance...
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
Magic Inc. used to sell the Senator Crandall set with a nice leather dice cup. Don't know if it's still available or not.
Dennis Loomis
http://www.dennisloomis.com/dai.html
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
I have a Rogers Chopped Dice cup and, while vry nice it doesn't work as well as a set of gorgeous antique dice cups my wife brought me back from the Paris Flea market. They are slightly conical in shape and perfectly hold a stack of four dice. I found an equally nice one, having nearly the exact same size and shape as my Parisan ones, in a ultra fancy leather shop in the Venetian Shops in Las Vegas (they also had exquiste leather card boxes as well).
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
There doesn't seem to be much interest in dice stacking. I did, as kind of a coincidence, order a book on dice stacking yesterday from Daytona. It seems that it was under $3 but I got about a dozen or so, so I don't really remember.

They made good on the bad orders. (They actually upgraded me to a better item!) I have ordered twice from them since then. Smile
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
Paul Sherman
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, VA
1511 Posts

Profile of Paul Sherman
If you learn to stack dice, you owe it to yourself to get Paul Gertner's "Steel and Silver". He's got a great routine that uses dice stacking as an intro and then procedes to the magical penetration of the dice through the cup. Makes a real "effect" out of dice stacking.

Paul
"The finished card expert considers nothing too trivial that in any way contributes to his success..." Erdnase

some youtube videos
Mickey Cohen
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Mickey Cohen
Crandall's cup is still available at Magic Inc. for 45 or 50 dollars. It comes with 4 dice and a jumbo die and the original Senator's notes.
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
Mike Roger's leather cups are they way to go.
Magictrickster
View Profile
Regular user
UK
114 Posts

Profile of Magictrickster
I have a Jim Zachary dice cup which holds 6 dice stacked high. I think it's great, although I've not tried any others.

I do think that unless you're top class, then there is limited entertainment value in dice stacking however - although it is fun to do.

Brian.
Brian
GeorgeG
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, CA
978 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
Joe Porper is making very nice dice cups that have appeared on ebay lately. I haven't seen one recently auctioned but Joe can be reached at:

porperprods@earthlink.net Smile
Magictrickster
View Profile
Regular user
UK
114 Posts

Profile of Magictrickster
At the Leeds Day of Magic (UK) Yesterday the World dice stacking record was achieved.

Congratulations.
Brian
wayman
View Profile
Special user
England - Sunderland
589 Posts

Profile of wayman
That was by Graham Roe (Jack Diamond) and he
successfully stacked an amazing 24 dice!!!
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
I have a Senator Crandall set that is over 25 years old sitting on my shelf. I also have a homemade cup that I made using a bit of PVC pipe that I covered with a leather like material (a little spray on glue and the fake leather and I had a workable cup). The bottom was made of wood (that I cut to size nailed into place, and covered with the fake leather). However, what I use most often to show off dice stacking is a beer can that I have cut the bottom out of. It works as well as any expensive cup.

Anything with a bottom and straight sides will work. Use a drinking glass with straight sides and amaze yourself!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Dice Cup recommendations... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL