We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Help a fellow Magi (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Texas Worker
View Profile
New user
Kerrville Texas
55 Posts

Profile of Texas Worker
Hey all as I used to live in New Orleans I still have several friends there, and ofcourse they had to leave. A great friend of mine Doug Conn is one of those folks, and needs your help. He has a website at http://www.dougconn.com in which he is sell his book at a discounted rate to raise funds. Please check it out and benefit a fellow magician as well as getting some great magic instructions. Thank you all and Cheers.
HeyLockwood
View Profile
Regular user
Arlington, VA (D.C. suburbs)
128 Posts

Profile of HeyLockwood
Hey everyone, this is a worthy cause. I went to Doug's website today (even before I saw this thread) because I knew Doug lived in New Orleans. Well, he doesn't elaborate too much on his site, other than to say he and his family (wife, three kids) have relocated to another part of Louisana for the time being.

This e-book is a steal at $10.00. Frankly, I would have paid full price if I could have. Doug offers plenty of useful information to the magic community on his website and his "Tricks of my Trade" has great material on it too. What a wonderful world it would be if we can all let him know that we're thinking of him....I don't know the guy personally, but I have to imagine his spirits could use a lift.

Mike
Why doesn't it tickle when I tickle myself, but it still hurts when I stick a fork in my eye?
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
The Tricks of My Trade-The Magic Of Doug Conn - is now sold out! I found this out just this evening.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
HeyLockwood
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of HeyLockwood
It looks like you can still get a copy of Tricks of my Trade from the publisher. For those interested, here is the link: http://www.fasdiu.com/tomt.html

Mike
Why doesn't it tickle when I tickle myself, but it still hurts when I stick a fork in my eye?
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2279 Posts

Profile of Logan
I bought the e-book very recently, after reading this thread, thanks Texas Worker.

To those wondering, the e-book is VERY MUCH WORTH IT. The ideas he has inside are excellent! His works and renditions of existing effects are worth checking out, and at $10.00 is more than just a bargain.

Personally I bought it for After-Afterburn, and to me, that was worth the price of the book! To be able to make your own Afterburn, with no electronics or flash cotton! It's really simple and you'll slap yourself for not being so logical in the first place. Granted, it won't match up to Jim Pace's excellent craftsmanship, but it's still a very valid alternative.

Also check out his Flush Brush video on his site, it looks awesome!

I am tempted to get TOMT...
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
Alewishus
View Profile
Inner circle
parts unknown
1211 Posts

Profile of Alewishus
Thanks for the heads up you guys.

A.
Sack subs, ok Ross?
We miss you asper.
HeyLockwood
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of HeyLockwood
Quote:
I am tempted to get TOMT...

Logan, I highly recommend TOMT. At $25.00, I think it's a great deal. For the record, if anyone is wondering, I do not gain in any way from the sale of Doug's stuff; I just think he seems like a nice guy, and he certainly gives of himself to the magic community. For example, he gives away the explanation for Chameleon Sandwich (a very excellent color changing deck routine) for free on his site. Plus he shows how to build the gig rig that he uses, among other free info. Not to mention, the material in TOMT is really good, in my opinion...Take care...

Mike
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4455 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
I didn't see the trick being advertised for free. Im very interested though in getting TOMT
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2279 Posts

Profile of Logan
Thanks for the info Lockwood,

When my wallet permits, I shall try and get it.

Yes, I do agree that Doug really goes deep into his magic and gives his all to the magic community, you can see it in his works.

The essay in his Connjuring e-book is an excellent, thought provoking essay that may ruffle a few feathers, but I personally found it quite enlightening and I closed the e-book with a different perspective of the way I present my magic.
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Help a fellow Magi (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL