The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Slydini is close (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2005-09-12 09:40, tedb wrote:
Cavett would not let us use his footage...it will likely go down in time as neber used...its great stuff...we tried...BUT we have tons of other stuff,,,and boys let me tell you something...cellini can do Slydini....its beautiful....

chris, thanks for the kind words

koz

That fact makes me even more excited about the future priveledge of watching these!

I have the feeling that once I view them, my passion for practicing Slydini's magic wil be re-kindled to full flame!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Performances only, and no explanations, I gather?...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Quote:
On 2005-09-13 09:02, joseph wrote:
Performances only, and no explanations, I gather?...

Like it would matter. Not to me anyways
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
No....explanations too!....plus all the info on movement to conceal sleights...everything is there....this is the bomb!

koz
Karl Miller
View Profile
Elite user
494 Posts

Profile of Karl Miller
Kozmo,

I am glad this project is finally coming to a head! I have been looking forward to these since you told me about them at LVMI. This is one heck of a project, and I will definately be picking these up from you when they are released.

Take care,

Karl
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Thanks karl,
we are proud to be involved with this....we wish we could go further with it

the magic is great, theres some great stuff about the way this guy thinked....and I promise this is the most important magic video ever released....NO KIDDING

koz
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2005-09-13 10:23, tedb wrote:
No....explanations too!....plus all the info on movement to conceal sleights...everything is there....this is the bomb!

koz

Including the imp pass, and the revolve vanish?
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Yes......all the above
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Now we're talkin!
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
I'm tellin ya
koz
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Something else

Slydini was the greatest close-up magi ever! he had more influence on modern close-up maic that any one ever...this should be of interest to every magician that is alive today.....no one can be compared to this guy NO ONE he was at a place that no one has ever been....hye created so much that magicians don't even know about....where did shadow coisn come from?...i have video of Slydini doing this 50 years ago.....

this guy is the man.......the project we think is going to be about 4 hours long...but it just keeps getting bigger...its aweful how it keeps growing and we still to this minute think about all we could add.... this is trully amazing....its not amazing because of myself and our production team, its amazing because of the magic of Slydini and his students.....THIS TRULY ROCKS!

koz
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
4 hours long?!!!!
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
2 dvd set...yea, that's what I'm guessing....you want it longer?
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2005-09-15 10:56, tedb wrote:
Something else

Slydini was the greatest close-up magi ever! he had more influence on modern close-up maic that any one ever...this should be of interest to every magician that is alive today.....no one can be compared to this guy NO ONE he was at a place that no one has ever been....hye created so much that magicians don't even know about....where did shadow coisn come from?...i have video of Slydini doing this 50 years ago.....

this guy is the man.......the project we think is going to be about 4 hours long...but it just keeps getting bigger...its aweful how it keeps growing and we still to this minute think about all we could add.... this is trully amazing....its not amazing because of myself and our production team, its amazing because of the magic of Slydini and his students.....THIS TRULY ROCKS!

koz

Have you considered Slydini's technique for a dove steal?
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Nope....we cant go any further...it has sooooo much already
think about this....hes been dead for 14 years....he was 90 when he died...the bulk of his work was dine in the 5-'s and 6-'s.....a lot of his students are now dead....he did close-up magic...not a big forum for tv....how often do you think you might see a close up guy in the 60's NOT OFTEN there is so much lost....it has taken years on and off to track this stuff down...we have hours nad hours and hours of video...we have searched the world to find anything on this guy...and there just wasn;t much that came easy but we have some amazing stuff ...stuff that no one really new existed...

just wait till you see this

koz
Bob Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
1111 Posts

Profile of Bob Baker
Sounds like a fascinating compliation. I presume you have the appearances on Dick Cavett and Cher. With the possible exception of Vernon, Slydini had more influence on close-up magic in the latter half of the 20th century than any other performer. The first time I saw him perform, I thought, "If you could really do magic, this is what it would look like." I hope this DVD set introduces him to to a new generation of magicians.

Here's a little tidbit from the time. I was a student of Tony's when he taped Cavett, and Tony invited me to hang out back stage. One of the routines he performed was a series of cigarette manipulations done sitting at the table. (Can't recall if it's in any of the books.) He did the whole routine with the Bobby Rosengarten Orchestra accomanying him. Watching on the monitor it was clear that Tony was flashing his lapping terribly. This really surprised me since he had rehearsed the routine watching himself on the monitor. I didn't have the nerve to say anything to Tony at the time. Fortunately, someone reviewing the tape must have realized what was happening, and the segment was cut from the show.

Speaking of Cavett, he was also a Slydini student. As you watch these shows, see if you don't gag at how badly Cavett pretends to be surprised during Coins Thru Table.

BTW, at this same taping Mark Wilson vanished a Volvo using the cargo net vanish (see recent Genii article). During the live taping, the illusion didn't work, so after the audience left, Wilson taped it again before an empty house.

Bob
(Slydini student--not dead yet)
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Bob, goot to see you are not dead!

we cant use the cavett stuff , he wont let us we don't have the cher stuff bu I would love to see it...i tried to contact her but its was impossible....

do you have the cher stuff?

we do have a pile of stuff though which I think will be very interesting....

I think that the "new" magician are more interested in tricks than magic....i'm often disappointed by them...i think this is the most imprtant dvd put out maybe ever n the subject of close-up magic...

I hope when its done you like it and it makes Slydini proud
koz
perlimpinpin
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of perlimpinpin
I've been (im)patiently waiting for this one, thanks for the update. My favorite DVD is the Magic You Can Perform Anywhere. Right next to it in my bookshelf there is a large space waiting for you know what.

Daniel
perlimpinpin
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of perlimpinpin
I've been (im)patiently waiting for this one, thanks for the update. My favorite DVD is the Magic You Can Perform Anywhere. Right next to it in my bookshelf there is a large space waiting for you know what.

Daniel
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Bob, sometime I hope you can share some anecdotes on what it was like to be a student of Slydini. To walk with him and talk with him, so to speak!
That was a high honor, that many of us would have killed for.

I'll bet you have some very absorbing stories!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Slydini is close (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL