The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » My video: Visual Red Hot Mamma (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mario_wong
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
43 Posts

Profile of mario_wong
http://www.ilvoeyou.net/friends/wan/7-9-......amma.wmv

The effect is based on Red Hot Mamma / Chicago Opener. I call it Visual Red Hot Mamma because it looks more visual than the original version (though it does not mean better one).

The flow of the routine is almost same as the original, what makes it different is I placed the selected card face up and outjogged in middle of the deck and flip over the deck the card changed color.

There is an add-on move I come up with to make the color-change work. I called it Sliding Add-On. I am not sure if it has been used by someone or not.

Also the second selected card should look like an instant transposition to the tabled card. The routine should look more visual but there are lots of move to get the job done. Anyone could suggest to make it easier to handle. Just feel free to express your suggestion.

I didn't have patter in the vid, because I don't speak English. You may find it difficult to follow but I think you may apply the original version patter to it. Please comment on the effect! Thank you so much!

BTW,someone in MVD already mentioned this is not any variation of Red Hot Mamma, as the original one started as a mental effect. Though the effect is based on it but this is not a mental trick. Any good name for it, please suggest to me.
Favorite Magicians:
Daryl
Larry Jennings
Allan Ackerman
Micheal Ammar
Bill Marlone
Lennart Green
10cardsdown
View Profile
Special user
Out There Somewhere
664 Posts

Profile of 10cardsdown
Very nice, I can truly appreciate the handling and effect. My only question is this: after the Jack is transformed into a blue back, why do you set it back on the deck, do a double and then table it? Why not just remove it from the deck and place it directly on the table after the first change?

The effect is nice and your handling is awesome! Smile
leondo
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
759 Posts

Profile of leondo
...And a superb choice of music!
Ted (Leondo)
Steranko
View Profile
New user
UK
89 Posts

Profile of Steranko
It just comes up as a lot of jibberish text for me.
benscholz99
View Profile
Loyal user
282 Posts

Profile of benscholz99
Same

Ben
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
You don't speak English? You certainly write it well. Very nice effect and excellent handling. Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Samuel
View Profile
Special user
Norway
831 Posts

Profile of Samuel
Just so you know:
When the link comes up as a lot of crap-text, you probably use a browser that don't support the "open .wma in mediaplayer"-thingy. Just copy the link and paste it to either the address window in Windows Explorer or Internet Explorer.

:)
Samuel

Magic is everywhere
Mago Gregorio
View Profile
Elite user
Paris, France
473 Posts

Profile of Mago Gregorio
Very nice video, great music and handling. You've transformed and add strenght to a classic effect.

Congratulations ! Smile
Smile Smile Smile
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4283 Posts

Profile of Daegs
"Why not just remove it from the deck and place it directly on the table after the first change? "

You gotta unload the double.... I cant decide if you were asking for the subtext behind replacing it on the deck, or if you seriously just didn't know...

Anyway, pretty nice handling, very nice double work.

You should take a look at Chicago Suprise for one of the best endings/handlings for this effect.

Very nice work with the double deck flip, that is insane....
Rudy
View Profile
Veteran user
Maryland
352 Posts

Profile of Rudy
I watched it, I liked it. A really nice card trick. Thanks for sharing this video.

Rudy
Mago Gregorio
View Profile
Elite user
Paris, France
473 Posts

Profile of Mago Gregorio
Mario, What's the music you put on the video, fits really well to your presentation
Smile Smile Smile
Yiannis
View Profile
Veteran user
Chicago USA
352 Posts

Profile of Yiannis
Very nice work on the double...
Lukas
View Profile
Regular user
Plymouth, UK
169 Posts

Profile of Lukas
That was truly amazing.

Lukas
Make the difficult look easy, and the easy beautiful.

President and Minutes Secretery of the Plymouth Magic Circle

www.topsecretmagic.co.uk
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27136 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Interesting video.

There is a mixed message in the moments where you wave your hand over the deck to effect the magic, and also do an overt turnover of the deck. The magic pass is done AS you also do something the openly changes the state of the deck.

You turn over the deck very well. Well enough that it suggested to me that it could be used as part of the method for the routine. In all the setup maneuvers, you may as well have a face up deck covered by one face down card before the wave. This done, the magical effect would be that of a card changing color or turning over.

Hope this helps,

Jonathan
...to all the coins I've dropped here
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » My video: Visual Red Hot Mamma (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL