The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The September 2005 entrée: Jade » » Tech talk.... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Hi Jade,

You work off PA and lighting systems supplied by the venue, rather than supplied by yourself. Have you made a conscious effort to simplify your lighting and sound needs? What have you done, if you wish to say, to get the most out of what often can be a minimal set up in lighting and sound.

Cheers,

Tom
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Tom, looks like you've been out in the hot sun too long! Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
J A D E
View Profile
V.I.P.
Jade
55 Posts

Profile of J A D E
Hi Tom,

I have worked at venues (usually for private or corporate work) that have nothing more than a spotlight from the back of a room and a sound board that will play my music and sometimes with a plugged-in mic. I don't think I can work with less than that. But it's pretty simple and basic.

Jade
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
You are right there... I worked with Shimada recently and he took NO TIME at all for his tech... Why? Because it was SIMPLE. I talked to him about it and he said "After years of stage crews missing cues and screwing up I finally figured it out... keep it simple... no cues for strangers to hit."
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The September 2005 entrée: Jade » » Tech talk.... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL