The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Planetary Glyphs from Mephysto Magick Studio (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magickman
View Profile
Elite user
St.Petersburg, Fl.
402 Posts

Profile of Magickman
For those of you who havent seen this yet, its a beautiful set of rune like stones with glyphs of the planets on them. The basic effect is, You bring out the glyphs from a velvet bag. The Glyphs are placed into the sectators hands and he/she casts them on to the table. Each time...the glyphs upside down are taken away till 1 face up glyph is left. If the glyph that's left is say the "Moon" you smile and reach into the bag, where there is 1 stone and 1 stone only. It is shaped like the cresent moon. (There is a much better write up on Murphys magic!)
I like this effect because it deals with astrology on a new level. Lots of people believe the planets infuence us and the universe. But heres a kicker for you that own this nice prop. In (Bascom Jones's) Magick on page 2384 (Issue 475 I believe but the page number is right) There is an effect called Tarnum. In this effect random numbers will lead a spectator to count down in tarot deck to the moon card. I have aready made a sympathedic effect using a husband and wife for spectators. The two work very well together!

Basic in effect, good looking props, Add imagination and you have a great effect here! Effect can be repeated with different outcome but I don't suggest it.

Magickman
What man knows he calls Science
What he has yet to learn he calls Magick
Both are real!

_Tony Andruzzi_
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Sounds cool. Is it similar to the effect on 22 Blows to the head where you are tossing coins?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Magickman
View Profile
Elite user
St.Petersburg, Fl.
402 Posts

Profile of Magickman
Yes it is. Offers you a few outcomes. It is small, conatined in pouch and ready to go with no set up. So easy, a Psychic Shriner can do it!

LOL

Magickman
(**** Dave! That made me laugh!)
Both are real!

_Tony Andruzzi_
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I'm thinking of getting these! Let me check my fundage!
Stop the Laughing.....I'm not a REAL Shriner!
Dave
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
Peace Magickman...

sounds good...but is this a dressed up version of the old sugar packet effect, where you number all the packets, say 1-6, and on ONE of the packets you do a little extra something? so you in effect guarantee the outcome?

I have one I use with astrology disks...I get the need info of the spec. astro sign ala CT or peek, and then I put in the appropriate gaff...is a bit messy, and I have to stall for time with extra patter etc., but well worth the shock on their face when the eliminate all disks but THEIR own sign...

Baba
Magickman
View Profile
Elite user
St.Petersburg, Fl.
402 Posts

Profile of Magickman
I believe so Baba,
Astrology signs sounds good as well. Both effects are simple which gives you time to patter a good line. I believe there are also Rune sets that have this special make up to them as well. I can see where that might be a bit of good fun! Of course you could always make a set of runes!

Magickman
Both are real!

_Tony Andruzzi_
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
Well, Baba ordered them, and as with MOST of my magic purchases, Blah!!!

~they are cheaply made.

~one came cracked, and the rest I can see will easily do the same.

~ I cant believe they would make them out of such weak material, knowing the necessity of tossing them on the table, over again.

~ the idea is older than Cups and Balls probably, and tis a wonderful one indeed, but not worth 25 bucks by any stretch of the imagination. the materials are worth about 4 bucks, whilst the secret is found in a kids magic book at the library, so clearly one is not paying for the secret, so no excuse there...

again, I made my own already, with round wood disks, and astrological symbols.

~Gede Baba
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Planetary Glyphs from Mephysto Magick Studio (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL