The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Magic shops in Central Florida? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Roldero
View Profile
New user
Central Florida
34 Posts

Profile of Roldero
Can anyone recommend any magic shops in Central Florida?

Northern Orlando area would be preferable.

Thanks,

Mike
cosermann
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
143 Posts

Profile of cosermann
Daytona Magic is about 50 mi northeast, and I've had good dealings with them via mail order. - http://www.daytonamagic.com/ . Definitely worth the trip, IMO.

Maybe someone will chime in with something closer to your locale.

Regards,
Regards,
Eric
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2826 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
Try http://www.magicmax.com
Magic Max
Mercado International Village
8445 S. International Dr.
Suite 143
Orlando, Fla. 32819
407 352 4120
:bluebikes: Definitely check out Daytona Magic Shop!
<<<KRaZy4kardz>>>
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
Roldero
View Profile
New user
Central Florida
34 Posts

Profile of Roldero
Thanks for the info. I'll definitely check them both out.

Mike
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Well, there is always Magic Masters in Downtown Disney. You can get a good thumb tip there for forty dollars. hehehe Tourist trap.
Roldero
View Profile
New user
Central Florida
34 Posts

Profile of Roldero
Quote:
On 2005-09-13 20:52, themagicman101 wrote:
Well, there is always Magic Masters in Downtown Disney. You can get a good thumb tip there for forty dollars. hehehe Tourist trap.

Do you think anyone would notice the Mickey ears on the nail though? Smile

Mike
othere_eye
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of othere_eye
Madge Elaine's rocks, IMHO. They don't have a ton of stuff in stock since they're primarily a costume shop, but they'll order anything you ask for. Prices are very reasonable. Currently they don't usually have a demonstrator at the magic counter so you're best to go in knowing exactly what you want. After Halloween, though, you'll probably find ME behind that counter willing to play with anything you'd like to see in action! PM me for directions, they're a little hard to find. About halfway between Winter Park and Orlando center.
Sleightly_Done
View Profile
New user
Orange Park, Florida
76 Posts

Profile of Sleightly_Done
I would have to second Daytona Magic. I've got a great little magic shop (Mr. G's Magic and Costumes, Orange Park, Florida) within 3-4 miles from my house. They are pretty well stocked with the things you would come to expect, and they order anything for me..... but every once in a while, I just have to make that 2+ hours drive to Daytona..... very complete and well stocked shop.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17612 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I've always wanted to go the Madge's costume shop but never made it. I do however know that Daytona Magic has lots of stuff for great prices. All books are generally 20 percent off. Check out their site daytonamagic.com
They also have a convention in the works that will be great! Don't miss the UNSCHEDULED appearance of The Blues Brothers. Tell No One!
Later
Dave
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Roldero
View Profile
New user
Central Florida
34 Posts

Profile of Roldero
I made it to Magic Max at the Mercardo today and had a nice chat with Josh who was working there.

Their prices seemed a lot higher than I expected. I was expecting a bit of a markup, but these seemed to reflect the "International Drive" premium as well.

I'll reserve final judgement until I have visited some more stores.

Hope to get up to Daytona Magic in the next couple of weeks.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend the entire convention (my Mum is staying with us that weekend) but might be able to pop in for an afternoon or something. Is that doable? or is the convention for registered attendees only?

Mike
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2826 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
There is a $110.00 registration fee for 4th-6th of November which includes buffet style meals and entry to all events. Definitely worth it for 3 days. There are close-up contests for all ages too and dealers from all over the country with new stuff to show and sell. There are seminars by accomplished magicians who will answer all your questions and you'll learn first hand. You'll probably enjoy Daytona Magic Shop a lot and their prices are'nt that skyhigh (their books are always 20% off). While you are there, ask to be put on their mailing list so you can receive their monthly hotsheet (great magic at discount and sale prices) Definitely check them out! Good luck and have fun. Everytime I visit Daytona Magic I feel like a child again...it's great!!
:bluebikes: Smile Smile Smile

<<<<KRaZy4kardz>>>>
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Magic shops in Central Florida? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL