We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » New Escape Website! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RichardJones
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of RichardJones
Dear Escapists,

Surprised I am the first to post an escape message this 31st, October...

For those of you who do not know me, I used to run Escapology-Online; the only community website dedicated to escapologists.

It was really good fun to run with several hundred visitors a day for three years.

It went offline at the beginning of this Summer so I could update it and the work has nearly finished.

The replacement, 'escapologist.net' is officially launched today. The main site isn't yet complete and so the domain isn't active.

However, the dedicated escape board is up and running and I'd like to invite you all to visit.

The address is:
http://forums3.asp-dev.co.uk/Escapologist/

You can find instructions at the forum on how to reach a few sample pages from the new escapologist.net site for a sneak preview.

These include: Interviews with Thomas Solomon, Jay Leslie and The Great Santini and even an old one we've dug out with Houdini himself, a few articles on theory and some psychological pieces on Houdini.

I do hope you can find time to visit. You will need to sign up to view the main forums... and there is a password protected techniques section for the serious ones among us.

Just drop me an email to: escapology_online@hotmail.com and I'll let you know the password if you give me some info on your background in escapes (pretty brief - if you post here, I've read your messages so you'll be straight in).

Escapology-Online was once a fantastic place for escapists to be and got very lively at times. TMC is great - but it will be good to have our own exclusive place once again.

I hope now we have our own new home we can get going once again. Some great info and ideas came out of the old site.

I'll keep you posted with news.

As for The Magic Café, you chaps seem to be having fun here and I hope now I am back online to continue posting here as well.

All my best wishes from England,
Richard Jones.

P.S. Those of you who have been in touch, I will be replying to you ASAP - been somewhat preoccupied with getting things set up!
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Richard,
Glad to see the escapology site back!! I've been missing it!

Smile

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
Everyone who has not checked out the site yet.

You have to read the article Superfluity it really got me thinking.

Richard, Garden Hose? Are you kidding, I've never heard that one!

X
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi Richard

As a relative newcomer I didn't see much of the original site, but if the new one is anything to go by then I really missed out Smile

Its Great to see another English EA too. There are too many Americans round here Smile

Duncan
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
SethHoward
View Profile
Loyal user
271 Posts

Profile of SethHoward
Too many Americans? Hmmm...
RichardJones
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of RichardJones
Hi there Duncan,

Wouldn't want to agree with your senitments in too public a place!! Only joking. You guys are great - especially here.

Can you let me know when your bridge jump is planned for please? And how often do you perform?

Just to let you know that things are starting to get off the ground and some good discussions have already started, so do pop along and share your opinions with us.

Just visit: http://forums3.asp-dev.co.uk/Escapologist

The URL escapologist.net does not function properly yet...

Kind regards,
Richard
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi Richard

I hope the Americans spotted the smiley Smile I lived in the U.S. for a while myself and have a lot of family there.

The bridge jump is in its REALLY early planning stages at the moment. The technicalities of the actual escape are pretty much there but the organization of something like this is new to me and will take a while longer. I am aiming for summer 2003 however. And will let you know at the time. I am also organising a theatre show at the moment which has a theatre booked and ready. So that is taking priority.

Again. thanks for bringing the site back. It was missed.

Duncan
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Prophet
View Profile
Regular user
Caledonia, NY
184 Posts

Profile of Prophet
Ok I bookmarked and visited this site for awhile then I go away for a couple months, and can't find Richards sites. What happened?
Yours In Magic

Mike

Smile
If you are new to Magic check out my article
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=462185&forum=41
Duct Tape is like the Force. It has a dark and a light side and holds the universe together.
RichardJones
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of RichardJones
Dear Mike,

I am afraid the site has gone offline because the host let me down.

You can access the articles here:
http://www.evenden-jones.co.uk/escapology

NB - this is just a dummy site. The shop does not work and the address shouldn't really be public domain but some people have asked to see the old articles...they are there.

I might get the site back up in the future...but not within 12 months, I'm afraid.

Kindest regards,
Richard Jones.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » New Escape Website! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL