The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Whats that new Frosting Mental effect ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

plainman007
View Profile
Special user
630 Posts

Profile of plainman007
Hey I read about a new effect I think on one of the most popular sites. I forgot the name of it. Its where you get to hold a $ bill in your hand and the note forsts over. Even turning cold. It can be done to many objects. Or so the ad says. The ad mentions coins etc as also being objects that would work. It also says all these objects are cold to touch too when handed back to the audience. Anyone saw this ad too ? Any comments about how good this trick is ?
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
I never heard of it, but it's gotta use freeze spray.
Freeze spray is usually sold for electronics troubleshooting.
It's also usually a pretty large size can. Hmm.
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
Occams Razor
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Occams Razor
The new effect is by Adam Grace and it is supposedly going to make its debut on one of the Criss Angel shows. When it comes out it will cost quite a bit for the entire rig.

You can basically set up a similar freezing effect by using a can of compressed air used to clean keyboards, computers, etc which can be bought at Staples or Office Depot for like $5 and by turning it upside down and shaking it you can make the liquid inside come out instead of the gas. This liquid when it hits anything will freeze it almost automatically. I've done it with dimes and pennies and it's very cool. It Frosts the coins right over in a very dramatic way and when you touch them they are very, very cold. I've also done it wih paper items but it's not as cold nor does the effect last as long.

I created a simple rig that allows me to carry the can under my arm and release the liquid through a tube that pokes out my sleeve allowing me to sweep my hand over the coins and instantly freeze them. It looks very cool.
cocomax
View Profile
Loyal user
North Fork, CA
289 Posts

Profile of cocomax
There is a science trick that I do. . . I take a large piece of metal, in my case I use a big copper pipe with thick walls about 8 inches long. I keep it on dry ice so that it stays a nice -97 degrees. . .

I pull the pipe out of the ice and into a soft clothe, wipe off any froast on the pipe. . . out of view of the onlookers and the hold it up and blow on it.

A thick coating of white ice forms on the pipe. It looks like I have super cold breath.

It is all very simple and somewhat odd.

Tim Wisseman
plainman007
View Profile
Special user
630 Posts

Profile of plainman007
Hey the effect I'm talking about is similar to what cocomax is talking about. The efetcim talking about also ask you to blow on the object and the object freezes. I don't know about criss angel. Neither do I care because I'm very very unimpressed with his show or style too. Its like doing something bizzarely stupid in the desperate attempt to be different. Anyway this effect however is already for sale and isn't expensive either. Ok ill try to get a link to the page because I saved the page in my laptop.
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
Maybe a bit too much exposure on this guys...
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Adam Grace made his case and interests known on his product a while ago. Those who wish to look for it can find him via search on the Café to his website to a disucssion he posted there.

As to the how's... it's more about the practicality and design of the what. That logistics is worth paying for if you really want to go out and give people the chills.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Whats that new Frosting Mental effect ? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL