The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Card boxes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dusty the magic clown
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Dusty the magic clown
What do you all do to keep the boxes that the cards come in from falling apart? This is a problem I frequently encounter. I apppreciate any suggestions
scorch
View Profile
Inner circle
1480 Posts

Profile of scorch
Buy new decks of cards.
Steve Dela
View Profile
Special user
U.K. London
961 Posts

Profile of Steve Dela
I keep my cards in leather card cases. They last for years...are very professional looking and makes removing the cards much easier.

Other than that wrap your box in loads of cellotape.

Steve Dela
http://stevedela.com
Associate Member of the Inner Magic Circle
FFFF
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
My decks don't last long enough to allow for the box to get beat up.
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
peterscarlett
View Profile
Regular user
England
137 Posts

Profile of peterscarlett
My card cases don't get worn - I use a new deck for every professional show I do. In fact, I usually leave the cards behind at most gigs. Seeing a 'professional' perform with a dog eared pack is an insult to the booker and to the audience - as bad as seeing a close-up magician with dirty fingernails. If you must use the old cards use them for practice.
Peter Scarlett
Peter Scarlett Magic
www.peterscarlett.com
Alewishus
View Profile
Inner circle
parts unknown
1227 Posts

Profile of Alewishus
Is there anywhere you can buy card boxes - cardboard mind you - and not the cards?
This would be useful for ringing in marked decks - decks marked and also worn in!
You would still need to seal the decks, but that wouldn't be hard.

A.
Sack subs, ok Ross?
We miss you asper.
Sleightly_Done
View Profile
New user
Danville, KY
77 Posts

Profile of Sleightly_Done
Quote:
On 2005-09-13 08:20, Dustythemagicshrineclown wrote:
What do you all do to keep the boxes that the cards come in from falling apart? This is a problem I frequently encounter. I apppreciate any suggestions

If the card boxes are wearing out because you are carrying them around in your pockets.... which is the only thing I could think of, buy a Joe Porper card clip.

http://www.porperoriginals.com/misc_clip.htm

I have several of them. They will keep the cards (and their box) fresh, straight, and crisp. DO NOT BUY ANY OTHER TYPE OF CARD CLIP! (my humble opinion, but look through this site)

When I first started with cards, I went through a couple of decks a week, now a deck will last a month with the clip. The clips are VERY GOOD for protecting your expensive gaff decks too.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Yes, Joe Porper's card clip is the best out there to protect your cards and card case. Another moderate price range alternative for a card guard is to buy from Penguinmagic.com/ They are like 5 bucks made of stainless steel. They are not as good as Joe Porper's, but they serve me well in protecting my cardcase.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
James F
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
1096 Posts

Profile of James F
Quote:
On 2005-09-13 12:09, Alewishus wrote:
Is there anywhere you can buy card boxes - cardboard mind you - and not the cards?
This would be useful for ringing in marked decks - decks marked and also worn in!
You would still need to seal the decks, but that wouldn't be hard.

A.

Umm...couldnt you just use a box from a old deck that doesn't need a box anymore?
rhr755
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of rhr755
That's a good idea
What methodes do you do
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
I third or fourth the suggestion to get a porper!!!

Porpers are amazing, I have 2 and will pick up more soon I think.

This not only will protect your box, but will keep your cards completely fresh!!!
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
The Joshua Jay Pro Carrier is also pretty handy.
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
I do to many ambitious signed cards to worry about keeping old decks. I do mystery box 2 with a signed card .. great responses.
Wayne M
View Profile
New user
Bucks
24 Posts

Profile of Wayne M
I always carry my deck in my pocket without a case, so when tanle hooping can get right into the effect rather than fiddiling with the case. I am wondering however if any of you use some sort of clip on your waist to hold a loose deck of cards. Also needs to be easily accessable. Any ideas?
algebraic
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of algebraic
You can buy empty card cases at Haines House of Cards.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Card boxes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL