The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Peter Shifton (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ivan7
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of ivan7
Anyone seen him work. Amazing!
Alewishus
View Profile
Inner circle
parts unknown
1213 Posts

Profile of Alewishus
I've never heard of him.
Could you give us more info on this guy?

A.
Sack subs, ok Ross?
We miss you asper.
Alewishus
View Profile
Inner circle
parts unknown
1213 Posts

Profile of Alewishus
Here's a stupid question:

Is this guy even a magician? a mentalist?

A.
Sack subs, ok Ross?
We miss you asper.
asper
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of asper
I've seen Peter and whenever he visits New York, he stays at my apartment. Peter is one of the best dice handlers around. He can do everything in the Fechter Dice Holdouts book. I've seen him control 5 dice from a dice cup. Ladies and Gentlemen, playing Yahtzee with him is like watching Picasso paint.

I have some home movies of Peter, and for the last few years, I've been encouraging him to put out a DVD. Last time he visited, he said that he's probably going to put one together very soon, when he has more time.

In addition to throwing the dice, he has a very entertaining dice stacking routine that he does at the bar. He doesn't do a final production, but rather a vanish. It doesn't really showcase his skill, but it's probably the funniest and most entertaining dice stacking routine I've ever seen. (And I've seen many including Del Rey and Johnny Paul perform it).

Peter, isn't on the scene much because he's a quiet family guy and tries to spend as much time with them as possible. His wife, Liz used to do face-painting and a kids act before they had kids. They met at a Nemcon convention in the 1980s.
asper
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of asper
Ivan, Where did you see Peter work? What did he show you? Did you see his work on the Audley Walsh Dice transpo thing? Un-Believable!
Alewishus
View Profile
Inner circle
parts unknown
1213 Posts

Profile of Alewishus
I'm not hep to dice work so I'll just leave this thread be.
That is, unless someone wants to give up some good dice resources!
Any takers?

A.
Sack subs, ok Ross?
We miss you asper.
Alewishus
View Profile
Inner circle
parts unknown
1213 Posts

Profile of Alewishus
It must be great to be a famous magician and have people open their homes to you!
That's some real heavy magic Smile!

A.
Sack subs, ok Ross?
We miss you asper.
asper
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of asper
Alewishus,

I'm not famous, I just make friends quickly. I meet most at conventions or when they are passing through town. I've also met some people through the magic Café, who have stayed with me. The Café is also a good source if you're looking for a convention roomate, though after staying with Steve V last time, I'm prone to room alone. I couldn't keep up with his partying. He is a wild magician. He could probably out drink any magician in the world.

As for dice resources, I like the Marlo and Fechter books. Both are cheap and to the point. If you're into stacking, just buy yourself a cup and a few dice and just do it. There's nothing difficult about the basic stacking.
Alewishus
View Profile
Inner circle
parts unknown
1213 Posts

Profile of Alewishus
I'll give it a go then, thanks!

A.
Sack subs, ok Ross?
We miss you asper.
ivan7
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of ivan7
I made him up Smile
he's not real lol
Alewishus
View Profile
Inner circle
parts unknown
1213 Posts

Profile of Alewishus
Then why would you say that his work was amazing?
It doesn't make any sense!

A.
Sack subs, ok Ross?
We miss you asper.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Peter Shifton (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL