The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Camcorder Case from Target (or Target.com online) » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Hey, I just came back from my local target and wanted to share this with you guys:

Black Camcorder Case

If you look it is kind of like other close-up cases offered by magic dealers but this one has some good features like:

-Inside is padded for your props
-There is a divider in main compartment
-Mesh pocket in lid can carry decks, ropes, ect

Also the shoulder strap is nice if you carry other cases with you in your hands.

Good luck with this, and tell me how you like it!
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
It's not bad, but the case is too deep for my liking. Unless you need the extra depth to carry around certain props, it seems to be a waste of space.

If you are looking at this type of design, I would recommend that you look at high end make-up cases. They look almost identical, but the top half of the case opens up in a "butterfly" design. As the top half is open, one or two shelves also spread out from the inside. Each shelf has adjustable dividers so you can customize what you carry inside.

With the make-up case, all of the available space inside is being efficiently used to hold as many items as possible. The bottom portion of the case is usually still deep enough to carry a normal set of cups and balls. But the real benefit to the make-up case is that you don't need to tip things over as you carry the case or open & close it. Everything stays in perfect order.

I bought a fairly large one of these cases this Summer for about $60.00 Canadian. I'm sure they would be available in the U.S. for a lot less.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Well to be honest the price was the main factor in suggesting this, I've seen the make up cases, but I had to cut my own custom foam enclosure for the inside for my delicate props, and since then I just switched to using this in conjuction with a standard butterfly style case to carry props.

I have a couple things like hardwood boxes that get scratched and ding'd in a regular hard case, the foam and soft interior(along with the soft dividers) really comforts your bigger, more delicate props(like a kenndy mystery box or destination box, cups and balls, ect)

I've used both, and while this doesn't have a lot of space, I feel a lot better keeping some of my props in it than the make up cases...

thanks though!
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
I liked the description: "Black Camcorder Case", and it's silver metal! And if you look at the shipping specifications, it states "1 inches length x 1 inches width x 1 inches height". That's a mighty small camcorder! This looks like something that should be on Jay Leno's "Headlines" segment.
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Ok, hot tip -- I just saw an almost identical box at
Walmart and it was 3 dollars cheaper.

Vaultz Locking Camcorder Case

It is a different color, but they only want $5 for shipping instead of $8 at Target, saving you 10 dollars and also giving you a black box!!!

Thank god for walmart!!!!

Something I forgot to mention, but I also like that it has a key. It's very important to keep magic secrets safe Smile
algebraic
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of algebraic
Since you like that item, you may like these items at:

Pencil Boxes
Alan Wright
View Profile
New user
Nova Scotia, Canada
71 Posts

Profile of Alan Wright
Congrats, bud.
-- Alan
asper
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of asper
Congrats man. It was very kind of you to have the proceeds donated to the Red Cross. When will this thread be deleted?
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Hmm... Well I had actually hoped the thread would just live out its boring lifestyle, because honestly this is a good case for something like a destination box/kennedy mystery box or a set of cups, but I guess that was way too optimistic, lol....

Well thank you all very much, and I hope you all have some good luck in the future and with magic in general! Smile
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
Good work Daegs. Your strategy was a smart one. Excellent close-up case.
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
David43
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of David43
Total Respect,you're the man. And a caring one too.

cheers

David
I Put a Spell On You
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Nice Job Smile Didn't even see this one!!!
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2005-09-14 11:56, magicman845 wrote:
It's not bad, but the case is too deep for my liking. Unless you need the extra depth to carry around certain props, it seems to be a waste of space.

If you are looking at this type of design, I would recommend that you look at high end make-up cases. They look almost identical, but the top half of the case opens up in a "butterfly" design. As the top half is open, one or two shelves also spread out from the inside. Each shelf has adjustable dividers so you can customize what you carry inside.

With the make-up case, all of the available space inside is being efficiently used to hold as many items as possible. The bottom portion of the case is usually still deep enough to carry a normal set of cups and balls. But the real benefit to the make-up case is that you don't need to tip things over as you carry the case or open & close it. Everything stays in perfect order.

I bought a fairly large one of these cases this Summer for about $60.00 Canadian. I'm sure they would be available in the U.S. for a lot less.

Kent

Kent, is this what your are referring to? Click here I like the Pro Aluminum Make-up Case and The Pro Train Make-up Case.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
asper
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of asper
He really is a *Special* User.
dk
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of dk
I'm wondering... Any idea how many engraved Porper clips would fit in one of these cases?
czwheeler
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of czwheeler
Congratulations Daegs...I just joined the Café now becuase they wouldn't let me do it last week, so I wouldn't enter. But you did a nice job. And very nice of you to donate the money.

It's also nice to see how many of you guys are out there.
Alewishus
View Profile
Inner circle
parts unknown
1227 Posts

Profile of Alewishus
Nice.

A.
Sack subs, ok Ross?
We miss you asper.
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Can you remove the lil' slots or whatever the are called in the case? They look like they would get in the way.
Steve V
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Ok... I thought this would get locked/deleted(hopefully locked after being cleaned Smile ) but just to forgo any confusion, here it is:

Last week, 3rd party magic website had a contest that involved the Café and different topics.

I won said contest with this thread(apparently not many liked this case), so now many who were in said contest are here posting.

I hope this clears up the confusion Smile

Thanks for the support too guys, without you guys posting randomly around the Café this never would have been possible!
Verno Inferno
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
132 Posts

Profile of Verno Inferno
Is the case very heavy?

Does it have a lot of metal that would cause alarm at an airport?

Could I sew my logo into it?

Has anyone tried to make their own?

If I put my magic in it, where do I put my camera?

What's the deal with black cases? All sorts of cases seem to be black or grey these days.

These are just a few of my questions....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Camcorder Case from Target (or Target.com online) » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL