The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » IPod Nano (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
903 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
Anyone seen the news on the latest iPod? Slightly larger than the Shuffle, with more space for music and a screen.

I wonder if it will work with remote controls?
Nell
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
265 Posts

Profile of Nell
I'm not sure if it would work by remote, but I've seen them. They're amazingly small. I'm holding out to buy a 20GB though. I want to have all my music on it, at least the stuff I still listen to. And 1,000 songs for almost the same price isn't enough. The Nanos look great though. Just thick enough for the output device to slide in, and about the size of a business card.
"A trick may be very good...but...the illusionist must be better than the trick." -René Lavand
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1273 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Yeah, very thin and holds a lot of info, they also have a colored LCD screen now! I would have gotten it to listen to magic broadcast podcasts, but, it only works with windows 2000. I only have windows 98.
bunglebear
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of bunglebear
It's absolutely amazing, I bought an iPod last month and am a bit annoyed that I didn't wait...! The color screen adds so much to it, very smooth!
Risto L.
View Profile
Regular user
Finland
174 Posts

Profile of Risto L.
I guess it will work with Apple's own wireless IR remote. Many performers prefer RF remotes such as Airclick, because they don't require an unobstructed path between the remote and the face of the receiver. I asked Griffin Technology about the compatibility and they said that Airclick doesn't work with Ipod Nano. I have no idea if they are going to launch a new model that is compatible with iPod Nano, which will eventually replace iPod Mini.

Risto
Fitz
View Profile
Elite user
Phoenix, AZ
476 Posts

Profile of Fitz
This is a little different but does anyone know about the new Phone that has iTunes on it? This seems like a cool back up for show music. I think it hold 100 songs on it. I'm wondering if it would work with iCal. Any ideas?

Fitz
I have a daily web show all about magic at http://FitzMagic.info
shawn popp
View Profile
Veteran user
Denver
313 Posts

Profile of shawn popp
The best thing about the Nano for performers is the fact that it is RAM based memory and not a hard drive. This means faster access time for startup and playback.

Shawn
glodmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
501 Posts

Profile of glodmagic
The iPod nano is fantastic!
The bad news is that the nano does not include a remote port so it will not work with the StageCue or iCue. I hear that the Dock connector passes the same information and that some are making adaptor cables for it. Then, it would be usable with current show controllers.

The GOOD news is that I have mounted my very small nano on a small (TOA) wireless mic beltpack. Now the nano "IS" the remote! It transmits to my amp. Best of all I can control volume AND see the song name from my playlist. I name my song for the effect so I scroll to "snake basket" and it plays that. I velcro'd it to my case and when I get a prop I can easily see and control it.

I still use my regular iPod and Stagecue for stage, banquet, and festivals but for in home parties this little wireless nano-pack works like a charm!
Remember ANY of your posts here can be Googled by your customers and Clients. Just entering your name in Google can bring up your negative comments that stay for years!
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1800 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
Quote:

The GOOD news is that I have mounted my very small nano on a small (TOA) wireless mic beltpack. Now the nano "IS" the remote! It transmits to my amp. Best of all I can control volume AND see the song name from my playlist. I name my song for the effect so I scroll to "snake basket" and it plays that. I velcro'd it to my case and when I get a prop I can easily see and control it.

Walter, do you mean you have the headphone out of the nano connected to the input of your wireless microphone transmitter? If so, what kind of input does your transmitter have? Both of my wireless units use special connectors that would have to adapted to work with a 1/8" mini-plug cable.

Michael
glodmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
501 Posts

Profile of glodmagic
I used a TOA bodypack which is very small. The NANO mounts on it with this super velcro stuff (3m plastic interlock). The input is a (mono) mini-plug. The TOA takes a single AA whiuch lasts a long time.

The whole thing is very small.

It's a fun experiment but actually worked out pretty well for a small in home party using a Anchor AN 130 on a different frequency than my wireless mic.
Remember ANY of your posts here can be Googled by your customers and Clients. Just entering your name in Google can bring up your negative comments that stay for years!
Nell
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
265 Posts

Profile of Nell
Has anyone had problems with there suchs as the cracking and scratching that has been in the news? Just curious...
"A trick may be very good...but...the illusionist must be better than the trick." -René Lavand
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2114 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
The cracking problem was a vendor issue. The screens were supplied by different vendors, and evidentally a very small percetnage of them had a cracking problem.

If you receive one of the easily-cracked, Apple will replace it for you for free.

Scratching reports have varied, I have heard some say that they scratched right away, while others have said that they've put it through some heavy tests, and it held up beautifully.

The Nano is made from the same materials as the previous iPods, so theoretically, scratching should be the same.

If you're worried about scratching, the influx of nano cases from 3rd party companies should be arriving any time now.
Kevin Reylek
boomassacre
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of boomassacre
The nano is amazing, I mean you could run it over with a car!
I'm telling you the truth, I swear....
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2114 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
For those of you worried about scratched iPods...

http://www.theinvisbleshield.com

A bit pricey, but watch the demo video. I've heard a few people swear by them.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
paulajayne
View Profile
Inner circle
London England
1160 Posts

Profile of paulajayne
Paula Jay - Magic to Remember -
---------------------------------
I once wrote a book on elephants, I think paper would have been better.
----
boomassacre
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of boomassacre
See I told you....you can run it over
I'm telling you the truth, I swear....
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
If you want to use a remote you can my friend hooks his into his sound dock and then hooks the soundock up to speakers and the remote works it also works with my shuffle if I do it the same way
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » IPod Nano (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL