The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » More about Docc (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MattTheKnife
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of MattTheKnife
Okay, so I hesitate to post this with all of the sudden back and forth about Docc Hilford and his seance going on. But are there any first hand accounts/opinions on his "Raven Slates"? I'm very interested in purcahsing this but want to see if I can't first speak with some who have already experimented with the item some.

And while I'm at it... what about his tapes? (The 2 Volumes of Weerdist On Stage as well as It's Even Weerder Close-up!) And for that matter are these even still avaliable?

Cheers,
-Matt (TK)
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1420 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Yes there is. Do a search on here, back in the early summer when it was released. Good fedback on this. Jheff also gives his comments on his site as well.

Best
John
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1935 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
As for the tapes, go see Jan Flora at floraco.com, they are the producers and have all sorts of goodies. On many of the tapes you will see her late husband Brian Flora, a great supporter of Bizarre, who we sadly lost a few years back. Jan is a gem.
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
Magickman
View Profile
Elite user
St.Petersburg, Fl.
402 Posts

Profile of Magickman
Speaking on the tapes, I have to tell you each one has a pet routine on it I find to be worth the price of the tapes themselves. Even weerder close-up has the best ever Pendulum routine I have ever seen. Richard Webster has a very close version that without a doubt is just as good on "Close up Mentalism". I use both methods and I like both methods. The very first time I did the effect (Hilford's) was the first time I saw an audience go DEAD silent with their mouths hanging open. Call me crazy but I'll take that over applause any day of the week. Weeder on Stage, now I believe that I have the second tape, has an incredible chain escape routine that is many times more entertaining then ecapology! Doccs story is the best part of the routine! Floras tapes are fast becoming collectors items. Sometimes the video isn't the best, but the magic whoops butt! And still as a bonus is the flys thru the head! Renfield himself would have loved this routine! Perfect for the family picnic!

Magickman
What man knows he calls Science
What he has yet to learn he calls Magick
Both are real!

_Tony Andruzzi_
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1935 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
Yes, the tapes are great. One of my favorites is the game of death where the spectator gets innocently sucked into playing a game with death for their soul. I love the design of that effect. The spectator is asked to help and they start participating and it all happens innocently enough and their in the middle of the game and, by the way, you do know we are playing for your soul, don't you? It's a nice slippery slope until they are in way over their head. The only thing I dread in that is the dozen death cards I need. Now I would love to be able to get single cards and I would pay a nice price for them, but after much searching to no avail, I am left with the option of either buying a dozen tarot decks or printing my own, both of which take the cost of this effect into the hundreds of dollars.

So if anyone knows where to get death cards for a Ryder Waite or other regular tarot, let us know!
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1420 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Look on amazon for inexpensive tarot decks. It might be an option .
bluefred
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of bluefred
Hi ask to slim king, I remenber that he has a lot of decks for sale a few weeks ago.
MattTheKnife
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of MattTheKnife
Thanks so much for the thoughts guys!

So let me ask you this. If you could only get one of the three vidoes then which would you choose (I'd like to just buy one at first and then get the others later).

Cheers,
-Matt (TK)
enigmax
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
115 Posts

Profile of enigmax
If I were buying these again (and I would), I'd go with Even Weerder Close-Up first.

Docc's stuff has never let me down.

Max
"To be on the wire is life, the rest is waiting"
Karl Wallenda
Magickman
View Profile
Elite user
St.Petersburg, Fl.
402 Posts

Profile of Magickman
Even Weerder Close-up is a classic!

Magickman
Both are real!

_Tony Andruzzi_
7th_Son
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
437 Posts

Profile of 7th_Son
Quote:
On 2005-09-17 01:11, Clifford the Red wrote:
So if anyone knows where to get death cards for a Ryder Waite or other regular tarot, let us know!

Clifford, you can buy cheap, 2nd hands tarot decks from ebay.
"Here's to our wives and girlfriends...may they never meet!" - Groucho Marx
Magickman
View Profile
Elite user
St.Petersburg, Fl.
402 Posts

Profile of Magickman
Correction on that Webster tape, the effect is in Webster's Pendulum tape.

Doh!

Magickman
Both are real!

_Tony Andruzzi_
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » More about Docc (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL