The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Greg Rostami's "Cosmos" (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Does anyone know if Greg ever released his "Cosmos" effect on DVD. He was planning on doing so but I don't know if he ever did so. A PM inquiry to him went unanswered. (I suspect that he's extremely busy with other things.)

Thanks for any info.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
I got a reply a couple of weeks ago. He's been busy, but will be putting out the 1x1 video download free for owners of the original Cosmos and is working on the DVD.
Tom
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2005-09-18 19:16, Tom G wrote:
I got a reply a couple of weeks ago. He's been busy, but will be putting out the 1x1 video download free for owners of the original Cosmos and is working on the DVD.
Tom

Thanks for the reply, Tom.

Greg has been promising a DVD "in a couple of weeks" for at least 6-8 weeks. I really want to buy the DVD from Greg but I'm getting discouraged by inaccurate ETAs and no PM response.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply. Please send me a PM if and when you receive any firm information on the DVD's ETA.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
haklia
View Profile
New user
France
100 Posts

Profile of haklia
Hi everybody.

"A PM inquiry to him went unanswered"
Me too. And as I have not had an answer, I am going to ask my question here : how can we watch the video (the explanation one) after formatting the hard drive ? (DRM powa)

Sorry if this is not the right place for that question.

++
haklia
View Profile
New user
France
100 Posts

Profile of haklia
And nobody knows. It's like a DVD that can be watched only with one kind of DVD player, and just before upgrading this player. Well, xx$ (can't remember the price, I'll look at it tonight, at home) in the dustbin. In fact, in my case, the "you pay the secret" is well used.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2005-09-20 16:00, Turk wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-09-18 19:16, Tom G wrote:
Tom

Thanks for the reply, Tom.

Greg has been promising a DVD "in a couple of weeks" for at least 6-8 weeks. I really want to buy the DVD from Greg but I'm getting discouraged by inaccurate ETAs and no PM response.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply. Please send me a PM if and when you receive any firm information on the DVD's ETA.

Mike

I wouldn't buy anything from Greg for all those reasons and more. A nice boycott of anything he puts out wills end a clear message.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
It sounds like this whole "Cosmos" thing was just a big money scandel
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2005-11-29 13:36, mattisdx wrote:
It sounds like this whole "Cosmos" thing was just a big money scandel

It was.

Mark Storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of Mark Storms
Cosmos is DEFINATELLY NOT the best version of OOTW available.
Find out what you cannot do.., Then go and do it!
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
But it is a VERY GOOD ONE!
Justin Miller
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Quote:
On 2005-12-01 02:20, jussy wrote:
But it is a VERY GOOD ONE!
Justin Miller

If you like the blatant SWITCH of packets, yes it can be a good one. btw, the switch was artfully denied in the ad and that alone generated all the buzz and expectation for Cosmos. Greg Rostami could write sneaky ads as a dayjob (or he does already?)
haklia
View Profile
New user
France
100 Posts

Profile of haklia
What do you think of a salesman that does not reply when your product you bought from him does not work anymore ? (yes I'm angry).
I have nothing against Greg, I just want to see my video.

And just in case : NO, I have not downloaded it from another guy who is not Greg. (I have the proof).
MSD921
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of MSD921
Boys and Girls....You could see where this effect was going after the RELENTLESS hype that the creator pushed on us for months before its release. "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is". I think that little axiom applies more to magic than anything else.

Mike
IanKendall
View Profile
Special user
Edinburgh
571 Posts

Profile of IanKendall
I had the same problem; I rebuilt my PC only to find that the backed up licenses are machine specific. I mailed Greg for a new unlock code but got no reply.

And I never actually got round to watching the thing in the first place...

Take care, Ian
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2005-12-01 15:48, IanKendall wrote:
I had the same problem; I rebuilt my PC only to find that the backed up licenses are machine specific. I mailed Greg for a new unlock code but got no reply.

Take care, Ian

Great customer service, eh?

Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
That totally is bogus. Greg really needs to respond.
Justin Miller
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Besides people not being able to watch their videos, he promised a free download for current owners of a couple of handlings for one on one and a discount on the dvd.... He supposedly had another effect he was releasing. If he doesn't make good on Cosmos, he won't have a chance of selling this...
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Get ready for the big excuse: "My wife left me", "I lost my job", "my dog hates me".

Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Quote:
On 2005-12-01 15:48, IanKendall wrote:

Take care, Ian

Greg did say from the beginning it would be computer specific. Hard to see how you didn't know that. He was VERY specific about this fact.
James Linn
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
haklia
View Profile
New user
France
100 Posts

Profile of haklia
Quote:
Greg did say from the beginning it would be computer specific. Hard to see how you didn't know that. He was VERY specific about this fact.
James Linn

And my computer is still the same. And the OS. And everything. But one day, I used my XP cd to re-install windows in order to make my computer faster. PAF. The video does not work anymore.

PS : my XP cd is the same too.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Greg Rostami's "Cosmos" (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL