We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Maher Course (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sfx
View Profile
New user
South Africa
12 Posts

Profile of sfx
I have just purchased the Maher course and vinyl vern. I now eagerly await their arrival. Does any one have any suggestions or pearls of wisdom to share with me regarding vent? I am an absolute beginner in this area and feel I may have jumped in at the deep end?
cardone
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of cardone
Practice every day..... wait.... I mean practice all day........ The rewards are great ! Any questions e mail me .
olivertwist
View Profile
Special user
Nashua, NH
578 Posts

Profile of olivertwist
Some people (like me) learn better by seeing and hearing. I did the Maher course and I recommend it. It is very thorough. But I really learned the verbal techniques from Steve Taylor's "Voicing Your Dummy" and Pete Michaels' 'Video Ventriloquism'. Whatever resources you use practice every day. Practicing while you drive is a good way to use time that is otherwise wasted. Taylor says if you use pracitce his lessons every day for 15 minutes, in 6 months you'll be able to do it and perform. This worked for me. I tried adding ventriloquism to my magic act after 6 months of practice and it went over well. (I also started with Vern. Everyone loves Vern!) It still took time for me to get comfortable doing vent in front of an audience, but the more you do it the better you get. It has been a huge addition to my act. It's a lot of fun and the audiences really enjoy it. You won't be sorry for spending the time learning.

Oliver
KyletheGreat
View Profile
Special user
Georgia
560 Posts

Profile of KyletheGreat
I am in the process of using it thanks to sluggo (BTW Sluggo, I am almost done! I am sure you are ready to have the stuff back)! All I have to say is that so far it has been a great course and I have been studying and learning carefully some things that I never knew! I have learned so much from this course along with a few of Steve Taylor's videos! THANKS AGAIN SLUGGO, I WILL SAVE YA SOME TICKETS!!!
Kyle Jarrard
"Entertainment at its Best"

http://www.kylesmagic.com
http://www.hypnobilly.com
sluggo
View Profile
New user
Mike B.
85 Posts

Profile of sluggo
Kyle,
You're more than welcome! I figured if there was somebody that would something with it, that would be you. That's 'front' row tickets.(ha)
Dad, magic, ventriloquism, facepainter & balloons.
A weakness for coffee (caffeine)
leftytheclown
View Profile
Loyal user
Illinois
255 Posts

Profile of leftytheclown
Where can I get the Steve Taylor's "Voicing your Dummy and the Pete Michaels' 'Video Ventriloquism'? Thanks.
Lefty (aka) Sterling Dare
Author: Money Menagerie
Book and DVD
sluggo
View Profile
New user
Mike B.
85 Posts

Profile of sluggo
Go on Steve Taylor's site, you an find it there.
Dad, magic, ventriloquism, facepainter & balloons.
A weakness for coffee (caffeine)
olivertwist
View Profile
Special user
Nashua, NH
578 Posts

Profile of olivertwist
Check out petemichaels.com for his stuff.
Neale - Bacon
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Neale - Bacon
I would recommend NOT overdoing it when you start. There is wisdom in the 15 minutes a day approach.

Most of all, have fun. Don't make it a chore.
Neale Bacon

Ventriloquist and Magician

Burnaby BC
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5694 Posts

Profile of Regan
The Maher Course is great! I highly recommend it. Be patient and keep prcticing. If you work hard enough, you will get it in time. I agree with Neale about having fun with it. If it becomes a chore don't try to force yourself to practice too much.

Good luck!

Regan
Mister Mystery
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Maher Course (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL