The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Looking for new get-ready for DL (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mike Walton
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
984 Posts

Profile of Mike Walton
Here's a couple of tips if you're new to the strike double. I had a couple of "aha" moments over the last few weeks as I've been trying to switch from a right thumb lift, two finger frame turn to a strike double.

With the strike double, remember to create a bevel on the right edge to be able to strike/feel two cards when you lift. Gregory Wilson mentions it, but I didn't catch what it meant until I read Paul Wilson's lecture notes.

I was having problems with the strike as the two cards were creeping apart noticably and it was evident, to me at least, on the right corner when I was "striking" and starting to turn the cards.

If you're having a problem with this, then tilt the deck downwards, as should be done anyway, and if you still have a problem, then put your left thumb across the front top portion of the deck to pin the cards until you have a good grasp on both of them.

Both aspects seemed to help me with the strike double. I still need to practice as I nail it smoothly and naturally only 8 in 10 tries.

Mike
petersd
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of petersd
Pinkie count. DL, triple lift, quad, doesn't matter and it is sure fire. From there you can do a push over, strike, etc....

Dave
ChessMess
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of ChessMess
I'm starting to hate card magic. I've got Ammar ETMCM #2-#6 and Royal Road to card magic and I can't for the life of me do a friggin dl without cards sliding all over or me pulling 1 or 3 cards over then flipping them back and them sliding apart AHHHH!!

Coin magic is much easier!

Part of me say buy Greg Wilson's video and another part says "sell the lot" and stick with coin magic.

Smile Smile
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Quote:
On 2003-09-03 13:07, ChessMess wrote:
I'm starting to hate card magic. I've got Ammar ETMCM #2-#6 and Royal Road to card magic and I can't for the life of me do a friggin dl without cards sliding all over or me pulling 1 or 3 cards over then flipping them back and them sliding apart AHHHH!!

Part of me say buy Greg Wilson's video and another part says "sell the lot" and stick with coin magic.

Smile Smile

Are you trying to muscle pass your double back onto the deck?

maybe you just need to relax your grip on the double and use the deck as a aligning guide. I think a double has a tendancy to stick together anyhow. I think you're trying too hard. Stop trying! Smile
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2003-09-03 13:07, ChessMess wrote:

Smile Smile

We have a choice-do easy, boring card tricks or take the time to elarn valuable sleights that put our magic in to miracle status.

Take your time and it will come to you. Patience and practice!! You'll get there!!

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
ftlum
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, CA
730 Posts

Profile of ftlum
It sounds like you're trying to do the first part of a second deal. I would therefore recommend "Second to None" by Simon Lovel. It goes into great detail on the second deal, including the pushover.

-- Frank
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Looking for new get-ready for DL (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL