The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Alpha Deck (Richard Sanders) Review... (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Dr. Zordas
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Dr. Zordas
If you get disappointed easily then stay away from this one. There is absolutely nothing new here - and for the price, is a bit of a rip-off.

The same method is used in countless other 'matching' card effects, so all you are getting here is a nice, shiny new blank-faced Bicycle Deck. And some Aces.

Dr. Zordas
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Yes,I agree.This was going to be on his 'Super Cards' Dvd but I guess greed got in the way!
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I have it and have used it. It really does kill but I will agree with the accessment that this should have been included on Super Cards. I have used this a lot since I got it and hence I feel I have gotten my $15 out of it, but some people may feel cheated when they see what you get for your money. I kind of used it as a springboard and came up with my own handling that eliminates the need for any gimmicks. I like my handling better but would not have thought of it without first buying alpha deck.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I think when one considers what effects you get on the SUPER CARDS dvd then I do not believe Richard to be greedy at all.

One effect on the DVD is worth the price alone. (Nick named 5 stars)
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I have been using this for several months now and I have to confirm what I wrote above. This thing may be simple but it kills big time. You get to focus totally on presentation which is nice. I swear, if you use this, it will pay for itself quickly. The reactions are fantastic. After 22 years, I'm turning into an old fart and it takes a lot for me to add something new to my show. This went straight in and has stayed there. Could it have been included on Super Cards? Sure. Do I fault Richard for putting it out separately? Nope. It's well worth the price and then some if you use it.
magicHart
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
548 Posts

Profile of magicHart
My goodness, here is an effect that "kills"..no one has said anything negative about the trick!!!
If it were $10 rather than $15....would that make the reaction any better?
Dr. Zordas
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Dr. Zordas
Quote:
On 2006-02-15 11:50, magicHart wrote:
My goodness, here is an effect that "kills"..no one has said anything negative about the trick!!!
If it were $10 rather than $15....would that make the reaction any better?

...You really should READ all the posts here before posting on the topic.

Dr. Zordas
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
It's not $15...more like $25.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
It's around $18-$25 depending on where you order.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Seems to be "sold out" at a lot of places.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
eddie2m
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of eddie2m
I got the alpha deck a month ago. I get great reactions from it and its worth the price.
magic in mind
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of magic in mind
I just don't get this release. Shouldn't it have been a penguin magic download. I mean the price in the uk is 25 quid same as a butterfly deck.Were getting what? Something I already own.plus I'm sorry but any magi can see what's happening so who will buy it?
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Oct 8, 2017, magic in mind wrote:
I just don't get this release. Shouldn't it have been a penguin magic download. I mean the price in the uk is 25 quid same as a butterfly deck.Were getting what? Something I already own.plus I'm sorry but any magi can see what's happening so who will buy it?

I came here for a review - as its a "new release" I wasn't expecting one. Is this the same release but several years on?
Harry2665
View Profile
Regular user
So pitiful, all I have are
200 Posts

Profile of Harry2665
Has anyone who is on Richard's mailing list received an email about the Alpha Deck? Usually, he will send an email and you can get a special deal. I have not received an email from him in ages.
TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1274 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
I use Blank Minded and am perfectly happy with it.
Rocky
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Rocky
C,mon fellas. Do you think that the magicians who create/market magic effects are rolling in a steady stream of income on a monthly basis? The majority are in it for their love of magic. They don't live in luxurious homes and drive expensive cars. One famous (and very talented) creator lives in the storage facility where he keeps his merchandise. Do them a favor and purchase a product or two so they can continue to create the magic we all love. Not every effect will be a blockbuster, but if we continue to support them, you never know when the next truly big thing will be advertised that will truly take your magic to "the next level".
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Harry2665: No, Richard apparently did not send out an email notice about the Alpha Deck. Not sure why unless he is on the road - or doing cruise work - and couldn't manage to send anything out.

Jim
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Oct 8, 2017, dave_matkin wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 8, 2017, magic in mind wrote:

I came here for a review - as its a "new release" I wasn't expecting one. Is this the same release but several years on?

I think it is, bought it in 2005
Harry2665
View Profile
Regular user
So pitiful, all I have are
200 Posts

Profile of Harry2665
Hi Jim, thanks for the response. I ended up ordering it anyway but it seems it is on backorder now.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Oct 16, 2017, Harry2665 wrote:
Hi Jim, thanks for the response. I ended up ordering it anyway but it seems it is on backorder now.

It was on backorder, but is now shipping. Mine shipped yesterday from 'magicandsuch.com.'
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Alpha Deck (Richard Sanders) Review... (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL