The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Alpha Deck (Richard Sanders) Review... (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
fcchief1
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of fcchief1
Richard mentions on the video he realeased this about 10 yrs ago as a PDF or Booklet. I just received it and you get the deck, gimmicks, detailed instructions for the effect itself as well as 7 other effects using the material received. For me this is not a bad deal, since I had not heard of it before. One note I used Firefox and for some reason video's did not play but when I used Chrome, no problem with it at all. I will mention the instruction is broken down into 10 seperate videos each covering various aspects as well as handlig tips, and performing tips.
pierre888
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of pierre888
I am interested in this effect but was surprised there is a 2005 version. Could someone confirm if it is exactly the same or an improved version? (On a side note, I see this as a candidate to 2017 trick of the year... does it still qualify if that is the case?). Thank you.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2710 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
I don't think of this as an attempt at a quick cash grab at all. Richard Sanders clearly put in a lot of work to make some well produced instructional video's, explaining every little detail and thereby helping tremendously in making your performance even more impressive. And it really, really kills. I'm very happy with this.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
pierre888
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of pierre888
I just bought it. can't wait to get my hands on it...
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2710 Posts

I'm sure you''ll have a LOT of fun with it!
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
bosami
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of bosami
I can think of quite a few effects for which I was charged more and felt like I got a lot less. This isn't one of those.
...forever curious
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2710 Posts

I agree! Richard delivers as usual, IMO. Very visual magic, he puts a lot of thought in his instructions, they are fun to watch, well and clearly shot and he explains everything into the greatest detail. Well worth the money.
rboyd
View Profile
New user
Devon
81 Posts

Profile of rboyd
Hi

I am thinking of purchasing this trick. It looks good and could fit in with a routine I am working out in my head. It also seems to be suitable for a beginner like myself.

May I ask, does this require a DL? This is not my strong point and if so I am probably best to pass on it for the moment. I assume not and the magic is with the RS?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Robert
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2710 Posts

No need to worry. No DL. (No RS either for that matter, but smth close to that). If I may suggest a free source for an great and very practical DL: 52kards.com. The DL seems an intimidating sleight at first, but it’s definitely doable for everybody that is willing to put in the time to practice. Have fun with the Alpha Deck!
rboyd
View Profile
New user
Devon
81 Posts

Profile of rboyd
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2018, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
No need to worry. No DL. (No RS either for that matter, but smth close to that). If I may suggest a free source for an great and very practical DL: 52kards.com. The DL seems an intimidating sleight at first, but it’s definitely doable for everybody that is willing to put in the time to practice. Have fun with the Alpha Deck!

Thank you Unmasked Magician (love the name btw)

Would you agree that this is a good trick for beginners?
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2710 Posts

No, not at all!!! It is a GREAT trick for a beginner! ;-)
rboyd
View Profile
New user
Devon
81 Posts

Profile of rboyd
I shall get this ordered next Friday when I get paid Smile
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2710 Posts

Nice!
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2710 Posts

Hey rboyd! Got it yet? I was wondering if you liked it. Hope you do!
rboyd
View Profile
New user
Devon
81 Posts

Profile of rboyd
Its on order Unmasked Magician 😀

Should be with me at some point next week. Will post my thoughts when it arrives.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2710 Posts

Ok, nice! (Feel a bit responsible, really hope you like it)
rboyd
View Profile
New user
Devon
81 Posts

Profile of rboyd
I'm sure I will, the video looks good and from what I assume to be the "magical move" seems very doable for my skill level. I'm thinking of using it as the closing part of the routine I am going to do for my local magic club induction.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2710 Posts

Ok, sounds perfect for that.
rboyd
View Profile
New user
Devon
81 Posts

Profile of rboyd
Quote:
On Feb 16, 2018, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
Ok, sounds perfect for that.

My alpha deck has arrived. I've not had a chance to play properly but watched the instructional videos which are very straightforward.

There are two things that worry me. I'm not sure how natural I can make my move look. It's a simple move but seems out of place. The other thing is the way to identify the non gimmicks cards.

From your experience is this noticeable to the participant?

That being said, this trick is well within my ability and I am really looking forward to performing it. Despite the above anxieties I consider to be well thought out and fair value for money.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2710 Posts

Hey rboyd, I'll pm you, so I can go into more detail to help you. I'm sure you can rock this.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Alpha Deck (Richard Sanders) Review... (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL