The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Gas Prices. A Pain in the Gas!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
It cost about 200 dollars here to fill my dads truck alone
magician2000
View Profile
New user
Phoenix, Arizona
62 Posts

Profile of magician2000
Quote:
On 2005-09-23 02:13, Partizan wrote:
You are lucky you don't live in the UK. works out just under $4 per litre in USD.

Petrol is sitting at just around 1.17 euro per lt. Remeber when you are comparing gallons that a US Gallon is 3.8 lts and an Imperial Gallon is 4.5 lts.
Not sure where you got the price for the Euro millions lottery price but over here in Ireland it costs 2 Euro to play.
Dominic Marion
Sèan's Bar
Athlone
County Westmeath
Ireland
"Create a world where science and technology are celebrated... where
young people dream of becoming science and technology heroes..." (Dean
Kamen )
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Well you should see us at the pump in our Freightliner...just over $300 to fill it up...and we never even let it get that empty. What's worse is that is diesel. Up until a few years ago diesel was always cheaper than gas, then it chnaged, which really makes no sense as diesel is basically whats left at the bottom of the barrel.

Kevin
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Kevin, doesn't diesel provide better mileage per use? I've always heard that diesels offer nearly double the mileage of a petrol engine. I understand that the Freightliner drinks the fuel being a commercial rig...but what about the passenger vehicles? Just curious.

Skip
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
magician2000
View Profile
New user
Phoenix, Arizona
62 Posts

Profile of magician2000
Skip. I switched from petrol to diesel, and saw a nice % increase in MPG I went5 from getting 34.8 MPG in a 1.8 liter Nissan Primara to 40.9 MPG in a 1.9 liter VW Passat. (Note this is in US MPG, not Imperial MPG) 1 US Gal = 3.8 liters, 1 Imperial Gal = 4.5 liters. Just so the Europeans don't think there is any thing wrong with my cars.
Dominic Marion
Sèan's Bar
Athlone
County Westmeath
Ireland
"Create a world where science and technology are celebrated... where
young people dream of becoming science and technology heroes..." (Dean
Kamen )
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
The prises are stoping people from going to places too. we wanted to go to a store 30 mins away, but we couldn't because the ******************* gas prices. Man they make me angry!!!!!
inidyls
View Profile
Veteran user
NYC
315 Posts

Profile of inidyls
WOW , I must be the only person in the world that's not complaining about the price of gas. What really cracks me up is all the enviromentalists complaining about the price of gas. There's so many alternatives than oil but we choose oil , why is that? We also make everything that runs on gas like lawnmowers, chainsaws, heck some of us heat our houses with oil.
Ask yourself this question if you had a product that was in high demand would you raise the price? Sure you would. Look at alcohol, cigarettes, drugs. If you were in the desert with no water and you were dying of thirst and somebody came to you with a bottle of water for $20 would you pay for it. Whose fault is it for the water being so expensive?
If cigarettes went up in price to $10 a pack would you still buy it? Is that the cigarette companies fault?
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Ah..... ya, it would be the ciggarette companies fault. But that's what makes me soo mad, we need gas, people cant seem to do without it, so they crank the prices to take advantage of us. We HAVE to buy it. But I hope that these prices cause people to buy enviromentally friendly cars.
inidyls
View Profile
Veteran user
NYC
315 Posts

Profile of inidyls
You make my point , do something about it. There is so many other resources we could use but we choose not too. Why? Cause where lazy and we like to complain.
I also just read that car owners in the US. used more gas this year already than last year, so if gas prices are so high why are we buying more?
Jaymz023
View Profile
Veteran user
Midwest
356 Posts

Profile of Jaymz023
Gas in Wyoming is $2.89/gallon. This is ridiculous. Im only 26 and I can remember when gas was under $1 a gallon!
Creator of "Re-Attached" an easy piece by piece Torn and Restored card routine.

http://www.lybrary.com/reattached-p-250.html
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
It costs a lot of money for research, development, for other energy resources. The same holds true for further development of of our drilling of new areas. Of course a company would only do this if they see potential profits.

The law of economics shows that if someone can make it cheaper they will. However, if OPEC see that someone out there is trying to do it cheaper than they are, they will just drop the price of a barrel of oil to $10...no company could compete with that. Currently it costs OPEC about $1.50 to pump a barrel of oil. So they could "afford" to charge $10 if it meant keeping others out of the marketplace.

Kevin
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
inidyls
View Profile
Veteran user
NYC
315 Posts

Profile of inidyls
Quote:
On 2005-09-25 14:29, themagicman101 wrote:
Ah..... ya, it would be the ciggarette companies fault. But that's what makes me soo mad, we need gas, people cant seem to do without it, so they crank the prices to take advantage of us. We HAVE to buy it. But I hope that these prices cause people to buy enviromentally friendly cars.

How comes no one was complaining when gas was under a $1.00?
How comes no one buying enviromentally cars years ago?
How comes no one was complaining years ago about people cant seem to do without oil?
I'll tell you its about the all mighty dollar
Just like Kevin said if opec gets competition they'll lower there price and put out there competition just like walmart does. Ahhh yes that's good but you'll keep buying oil won't you , because it's cheap again until they raise there price again
inidyls
View Profile
Veteran user
NYC
315 Posts

Profile of inidyls
And if you think boycotting will do any good try again, they'll just sell to China even cheaper so China buys more.
TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
613 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
I paid $2.73 for premium today!!! That is about $.50 less than 2 weeks ago. My '95 300zx gets thirsty. The '89 CRX is pretty good when I am not redlining it. LOL

TomK
You must be smarter than the tools you are using...

Tom Kracker
My website
Jerrine
View Profile
Special user
Busking is work.
629 Posts

Profile of Jerrine
Last time I bought gas it was just over $1. Get a bike, you get to skate on the insurance too, what a racket.
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Before hanging up my badge, I would ride my bike 20 miles round trip to and from work each day. It was a great way to stay in shape and it helped strip the stress away from each day. Then I was hit from behind by a driver who simply wasn't paying attention. I haven't been able to ride a bike comfortably since...a mental issue more than a physical one...but very real all the same.

Skip
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Profile of Professor Piper
Some points to remember (some of which have been mentioned in passing) on alternative transportation:

Here in the States we are VERY spread out (as Skip pointed out)...For instance: It is 17 miles from my house to where I and my fiancee work...So bicycling wouldn't be practical (Or possible as we live in a 'hilly' area that is very difficult to travel by bike every day...Not to mention the entire trip is on a 2 lane road that would be insanely dangerous to ride.

I rode a bike exclusively when I lived in Las Vegas (VERY, VERY flat), plus there are bike lanes there and plenty of sidewalks to dodge to when needed....Most folks don't have that option.

Alternative transportation is a GREAT idea and mainstream work is progressing (Hybrid car sales are way up)...

For myself? I have 8 Alaskan Malamute/Siberian Huskey crosses that I am about to begin training as a dog sled team (with a wheeled cart)....

So, if the bottom DOES drop out I'll be ready with transportation!!!

Purina Dog Food is a LOT cheaper than Gasoline!! (and my dogs 'emissions' ARE biodegradable!!)

Prof. Piper
:juggle:
"Nemo has been found! He was on an Admiral's Platter at Red Lobster!"
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
HAHAHA, are you serious tho???
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Way to go, Professor! My wife has been bugging me to fly us to Alaska for the Iditarod Dogsled Race. She wants to see the start of the race then fly north to the finish line. Thank goodness, we live in the South so I don't have to worry about hearing, "Honey, Sam's Club had this GREAT SALE on dogsleds, and...well..."

When we lived in Virginia Beach, VA, we owned a 4-seater Rhoades pedal car (www.rhoadescar.com) that was street legal and had four independent pedals and 35 speeds. We used it for parades mostly, but enjoyed Sunday afternoon rides along the boardwalk. I actually miss that thing. Unfortunately, if we rode one around here, we'd probably be run off the road by the insane drivers hereabouts.

Where have all the Mayberrys gone?

Skip :o)

Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Profile of Professor Piper
Themagicman101 wrote:

Quote:
HAHAHA, are you serious tho???

Sure, why not? My dogs have extreme stamina and are smart as hell...If the petroleum industry does go belly up then I'll be ready...If it doesn't, then they are a lot of fun to run on trails in the woods!

Skip...

Yeah, we'd love to see the Iditarod too, but probably won't make it up there...My babies were all born in the lower 48 and have yet to see substantial amounts of snow...

But boy can they RUN!

Prof. Piper
"Nemo has been found! He was on an Admiral's Platter at Red Lobster!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Gas Prices. A Pain in the Gas!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL