The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Another pick a card trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

aznmagicguy
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of aznmagicguy
I had this idea for a trick, but I am still working on a method for it.

Effect: A spectator chooses a card, and the card is then personally burned with a lighter by the spectator. Everyone but the magician knows the name of the card. When it is burned, the magician turns around and says some magic words or something, then tells the spectator to check his cell phone. When the cell phone is open, some ashes fall off and there's a new text message on the spectator's phone, saying the name of the card that was chosen.
James F
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
1096 Posts

Profile of James F
You'd have to force it and load the ashes I guess. It would work well on someone close to you whose cell phone you can get access to. And of course, know their number.

James
Diavo
View Profile
Veteran user
The District
357 Posts

Profile of Diavo
Patter about technology and reading minds... and technology now reading minds!
"Cell phones have had voice-recognition for a while now, but blahblahblah some now have hidden thought-recognition technology!"
Get him to hand you his cell phone as you talk about this so you can do your dirty load.
I'm not just a magician, I'm an interpreter of Reality.
Underground, above ground, whatever. I don't need a label, thanks.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
How hard is it to get the number off someone's cell phone and have someone call them with the right text message?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
Will you be doing this indoors or out? Burning a card to mere ash takes awhile and most times when I'd try it the whole card wouldn't burn, it would have to be relit. Sometimes outdoors the flame would get blown out.

Also if it is indoors, be mindful of smoke alarms, etc. Always have a bottle of spring water on hand in case you accidently burn anything...

I would suggest that in order to burn the card thouroghly, have the chosen card put into a standard size white envelope. Put the envelope inside an empty metal coffee can. Squirt some lighter fluid on the envelope and then drop in a match.

Also if performing this indoors in somebody else's home, place a heavy duty plate under the can to absorb the heat from the burning envelope.

Johnny
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
Aubrey de Wet
View Profile
Regular user
South Africa, Johannesburg
110 Posts

Profile of Aubrey de Wet
You can maybe ash his hand first, before he reaches for the phone. Then it would be dirty after handling the cellphone. It takes care of the ash-problem at least.
Marcello
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of Marcello
Audience coould book better seats (or special leaflet, or whatever) for the show through SMS the days before. At that point you'll know the numbers of everybody.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Another pick a card trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL