The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Effects in Card College (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

flobiwan
View Profile
Regular user
165 Posts

Profile of flobiwan
I have all 5 Card College books but I have always skipped past the tricks in them thinking they were all the card equivelant of "salt shaker through the table" or something like that. You know, simple tricks to just give you an idea of what you can do with a particular sleight.

I just started reading through them and boy was I wrong! There are some great effects in these books. To those of you who have just glossed over them like I had, do yourself a favor and take another look.

Fredd
PapaG
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of PapaG
Which are CC's stand out effects for you?
Mago Gregorio
View Profile
Elite user
Paris, France
473 Posts

Profile of Mago Gregorio
I really likes Acrobatic aces and the Méthode Coué in 1st volume.
All tricks presented have a very clever construction and you can learn both the handling but most of that the presentation.

Which are your favourites ?
Smile Smile Smile
scorch
View Profile
Inner circle
1480 Posts

Profile of scorch
The question is, are there any effects in there that AREN'T excellent? I don't know of even one. He has very intelligent handlings of practically every important plot in card magic.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I'm dog tired of posting my favorite from CC1.
Search if you care.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
flobiwan
View Profile
Regular user
165 Posts

Profile of flobiwan
Mago, those were my two favorite tricks from Vol 1 as well. I also like Triple Coincidence.
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2827 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
I enjoy doing "The Strasbourg Waltz" and "The Time Machine" from Vol.III, "The Whistle" in Vol.II, "Thompson's Aces" in Vol.V, "Three-way Excursion" from Vol.IV.
and "Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son" from Vol.I to name a few, but they are all good and hard to select favorites, let alone master them all! This series of books contain a plethora of magic that can be done with cards and should keep anyone busy for many years to come. Just with the sleights taught in these books, one could conceivedly come up with solutions and inventions of their own. I know, because I have. It's the wisest investment I've made, I highly recommend it!!
:bluebikes: Smile
<<<KRaZy4kardz>>>
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
Well, how can you dare to say that the effects are not good???? ;-)

Magixx
Optimists have more fun.....
T. Joseph O'Malley
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1937 Posts

Profile of T. Joseph O'Malley
You can dare to say it if you haven't a) read them and b) tried them out on people. Half of the lessons in those books ARE the performance of the tricks themselves. Otherwise you're just practicing sleights independant of actual performance - which creates the false idea that you know how to perform...

I won't name a "favourite" but I will name a simple useful trick. I believe it's titled the "happy birthday" trick. It's not that difficult but proves to be quite amusing and quick.
tjo'
yentlswolfs
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of yentlswolfs
I really really love the Color Changing Deck in volume 5.
Brillus
View Profile
New user
Italy
73 Posts

Profile of Brillus
Time machine is the one I use evrytime with my deck or with a borrow one. It's simpole, direct and with a nice plot.
acehigher
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of acehigher
I learnt 'The Strabourg Waltz' and 'The Dance of the Cannibals' from the false counts chapter in Vol 3 The first is a real simple trick but powerful and the second I always skipped over coz I learnt to Cannibal cards from ETMCM but it's real good too. Check it out.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Effects in Card College (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL