The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Quit Smoking dvd with David Stone (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SuperMagic
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of SuperMagic
I have the ffff convention dvd of David Stone and notice that he only teaches how to restore the cigarette but not the whole routine on vanishing/reapearing the cigarette and he also does the same with the lighter. Is it taught on the Quit Smoking dvd, because I thought the routine was on the ffff convention on his dvd. Hope someone can clear this up for me, thanks.
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
He teaches a whole routine on the Quit Smoking DVD,which includes breaking and restoring the cigarette as well as vanishes and reproductions of the cigarette and Lighter. The Moorea Straw is also taught ( shove a straw upwards through the bottom of chin up into mouth,end of straw is visible in open mouth).
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
SuperMagic
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of SuperMagic
Alright, because the one I have he doesn't even teach the vanishes and reproductions he just performs it and only explains the cigarette restoration. Now I know, thanks.
TKE
View Profile
Veteran user
NYC
352 Posts

Profile of TKE
Is a jacket or long sleeve shirt required to do his routine
TKE
View Profile
Veteran user
NYC
352 Posts

Profile of TKE
Wait..i just read in another thread his routine being compared to greg wilson's recap..is it similar because of the misdirection or the actual moves and effects..if I were to perform both routines back to back would the audience notice a strong similarity?
clamon86
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of clamon86
Supermagic- yes the whole routine is explained in detail. He didn't explain it much on the FFFF dvd because he was doing many other things and the crowd he was performing for was a group of seasoned magicians which is also why he doesn't go into detail on the coin moves he does. And those coin moves can be found on his 2 basic coin dvds which are really good.

TKE- People make compare this routine to Recap only because David Stone does the behind your ear vanish. And David performs it differently also since the attitude of the routine is very different from recap. The routine is all in the hands, and for the routine you don't need long sleeves, but if I remeber correctly for the torn and restored effect you do. And if you did the routines back to back which I guess you would do since they both use everyday objects, the audience would not notice a strong similarity. Like I said from what I remember only the behind your ear vanish is in both routines. But I'm sure there is a demo somewhere of it.

Quit smoking as well as the other david stone dvd are very good. On quit smoking he has his whole quit smoking routine and he has his torn and restored cigarette which is good.

I don't do it cause I'm not a big fan of cigarette magic, but if you are this is a good dvd.
adamjames
View Profile
Loyal user
England
205 Posts

Profile of adamjames
The Torn and Restored effect does not require long sleeves...or any sleeves at all.
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
For the sake of having access to elbow greese, I suggest short sleeves Smile
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
adamjames
View Profile
Loyal user
England
205 Posts

Profile of adamjames
Yes....a T-shirt will suffice. Gotta have that elbow grease!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Quit Smoking dvd with David Stone (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL