The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Andrew Mayne's Infusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
It looks like he'll be releasing a new dvd on the finger through bill bit! I wonder how it differs from Lonnie Chevrie's. I'll keep a close eye on this one. I loved his ghostbills and anything impromptu is definitely cool on my list.
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Is this any different than tom Mullica's routine ???
cupmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of cupmagic
Finger Thru Bill ? hmm...

Inside Pinnacle have a section that teaches impromtu finger thru bill..

And I love to know if there is video demo on infusion.

Thanks
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2050 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
I haven't liked all of Mayne's releases, but he really seems to have a knack for passing objects through each other (Ghost Bills, HyperCard, the pencil through cheek from his video). Based on that, I'm looking forward to this one.
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
Josho
View Profile
Special user
Albany, New York
763 Posts

Profile of Josho
I just viewed the demo trailer, and I have to say it was utterly useless. The effect is broken up by titling, and the segments that show the effect are SO quick -- and so far away -- that it didn't look like much of anything.

I'd need to see a clear demonstration of the effect before I plunk down money...

--Josh
LDM
View Profile
Loyal user
Upstate New York
278 Posts

Profile of LDM
I didn't like the demo either. However, I made the screen big and played it frame by frame, and the rip does look impressive. Hmm.
oagwood
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Hill, CA
377 Posts

Profile of oagwood
I usually like his stuff and I own most of it. this looks like a waste of money, and the ad looks misleading compared to the demo.

oliver
Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1130 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
Quote:
On 2005-09-29 00:18, cupmagic wrote:
Finger Thru Bill ? hmm...

Inside Pinnacle have a section that teaches impromtu finger thru bill..

And I love to know if there is video demo on infusion.

Thanks

I think you mean that the finger through bill is on Russ's other release Just Passin' Through. I don't remember seeing a finger through bill on Pinnacle.

Caleb
Check out my Main Event project (DVD or Download).

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

"Caleb Wiles is the real deal!" - David Williamson

"...my very highest recommendation." - John Carey
barnos
View Profile
New user
Oxford, England
59 Posts

Profile of barnos
Hmmm looks like Lonnie Chevrie's finger through bill....

Maybe the demo was of "HYPER infusion - A lightning fast version of the effect". It certainly looked fast to me!
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hello:

I saw the demo at Hocus-Pocus; I agree that it looked unimpressive.

Ron
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1447 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
Well I love GHOST BILLS, But...........

this demo is HORRIBLE,,,,,,way too fast, far away and fuzzy...

This demo will NOT sell any of these DVD's.

Although I do like that Mr. Mayne usually has a video demo out of his new effects.

I read ad's for tricks like Richard Sanders "10" and " Alpha Deck" but will not buy just from the description alone. I gotta see a demo in person or on line before I buy.
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Not appealing to me either...
Too bad !

Nicolas
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
I must agree here, the demo video isn't doing anything for me. I can see a bit of the magic effect, which looks cool, but it is way to fast and it cuts away. It took me 3 or 4 times to actually take in the effect of what was being presented. On the other hand I did not find the Ghost Bills demo video too great either, but I have the dvd and love it.

So I am hoping this will be the same case.

Eddiekap.
cupmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of cupmagic
DEMO !! REMOVE IT !!

The demo is totally rubbish..whats the purpose of that video..

Can't see a single effect..

As for the other products of Andrew Mayne I have been a great support of his.

But this time round..I am think twice before I spend my vitamin m.

Well guys, I do strongly agree that ghost bill is good but practices and angles sense must be done with proper to achieve the impact..its cool as its still impromtu.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7007 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
When is this going to be released?
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Josho
View Profile
Special user
Albany, New York
763 Posts

Profile of Josho
I emailed Andrew about the demo several days ago, and he replied that I should look again and that the "fast cut" demo had been replaced with one that shows the effect uncut. I kept checking back and kept finding that it hadn't been replaced at all. Finally, tonight, I see that it HAS been replaced. Check out the new version, it's definitely clearer.

--Josh
pablovaldes
View Profile
Loyal user
Mexico
206 Posts

Profile of pablovaldes
I saw the demo video, and I discovered how it is done. However I believe it is a great idea and I will buy the DVD because I do not like to perform an idea that another magician had and just by looking at a demo video repeat it similar or exactly, taking in consideration I would never had done it without watching the video.
Wonderful things do happen
Magic is so relative, that we all think we know what it is
@pablovaldes
LDM
View Profile
Loyal user
Upstate New York
278 Posts

Profile of LDM
Cool, I await your review! The demo is MUCH better, and MUCH more impressive.

By the way, welcome to the Café!
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
Quote:
On 2005-10-02 00:09, Josho wrote:
I emailed Andrew about the demo several days ago, and he replied that I should look again and that the "fast cut" demo had been replaced with one that shows the effect uncut. I kept checking back and kept finding that it hadn't been replaced at all. Finally, tonight, I see that it HAS been replaced. Check out the new version, it's definitely clearer.

--Josh

HI Josh,

I did the same thing as you, and I saw the new version that isn't cut up with titles. Does look more clear, and the effect can be seen.

Looks like a winner to me.
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
I recieved this today, and not knowing of some of the other methods mentioned above, I must say I was impressed. It is a nice impromtu effect. I especially like some of the little subtle things that were thought out. I will definately use this when people ask me to do a trick and I haven't anything on me.

The only problem is the angles are really tricky. Even on the DVD he flashes the method mistakenly, thus showing it is a simple but also difficult trick to master.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Andrew Mayne's Infusion (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL