The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Review of "Mental Crossover" from MJM Magic? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

matinex
View Profile
Regular user
San Jose, CA
108 Posts

Profile of matinex
Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with this trick? It really seems too good to be true. It's a $10 download, which isn't too expensive but I've been burned before (not by these guys) and want to be careful. Thank you!

http://www.mjmmagic.com/pages-productinf......ver.html

Effect: The magician takes out two decks of cards, a red backed deck and a blue backed deck. He then picks up one of the decks and asks the spectator to name ANY card that he sees. That's right, ANY CARD!

The magician then picks up the other deck, and miraculously, the chosen card has VANISHED from the deck! You can show the spectator every single card if you like, they will see that the only card missing is their own which they FREELY CHOSE!

Going back to the original deck, they are SHOCKED to see that the one missing card has now travelled into that deck, because it's the only card that has a different colored back.

This trick is AMAZING! The first time we saw it, we knew that we had to carry it!

* Can be done with ANY TWO DECKS
* ANY CARD can be named - totally free choice, no forces
* Card really disappears from the other deck
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Sounds a little like Jay Sankey's Astral Projection...
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
cck
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of cck
Eddie Joseph's "Premonition"?
matinex
View Profile
Regular user
San Jose, CA
108 Posts

Profile of matinex
From the video, it's really nothing like Premonition, which I own. The decks are in full view the entire time. And according to the description, there's no force at all, so it's not like Astral Projection. Mental Crossover looks pretty good. I guess I might have to buy it to check out the secret. If I do, I'll post a review.
matinex
View Profile
Regular user
San Jose, CA
108 Posts

Profile of matinex
My mistake, Astral Projection does not involve a force either. But the difference between AP and MC is that MC claims it can be done with any two decks.
Kevvy
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of Kevvy
I bought Mental Crossover and it is different than Astral Projection. It is a nice effect.

I also purchased a download on the site called 'psychometry'. I REALLY like this one. You can actually use more than five cards. It is totally impromptu.

There is a demo clip at the site:

http://www.mjmmagic.com/pages-productinf......try.html
adgnyc
View Profile
Loyal user
New York City
293 Posts

Profile of adgnyc
It's a decent effect, but only the named card is examinable, and one phase has such a dead giveaway in it that this seems unusable. At least I can't imagine ever using it. I admire the ingenuity that went into creating this, but the result is not, in my opinion, a professional effect, and I cannot recommend it. A dud.
Adam Green
New York, NY
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
What is examinable and what is not?

Regards,
Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Review of "Mental Crossover" from MJM Magic? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL