The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Smoke and Mirrors/Impossibilia-Books or DVD's? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
JUst curious if they loose anything in the conversion. Im stuck between that decision and Carneycopia.
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
I have the second volume of Smoke and MIrrors on VHS (picked it up at a swap meet). It's a fine video but it's only part of the book. Not a very good value for the money if you pay full price.

The book Carneycopia contains a WEALTH of great magic and professional advise. I'd rate it above almost any video on the market.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
If you buy carneycopia, I"ll provide you a FREE leather cylinder for making the right decision. I do this because the book is what I consider THE BEST magic book, on how to perform magic.

don't get me wrong. I love the bannon books. But Carneycopis is an absolute MUST-HAVE!

The trick in the book, "Cylinder and Coins", even if not performed, by you, professionally, but rather just studied, will raise your magicianship to new levels.

Of course I mean if you buy Carneycopia from me.

I sell if for $45 shipped to a US address.
I sell if for $55 shipped to a non-US address.

And I'm serious about the free cylinder. I'll send it with the book.
PM me if you're interested.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Very intrested and I am assuming that others thatread your post started PMing you
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
Heck, I picked up my copy of Carneycopia at Powell's book store in Portland the weekend BEFORE the reprint was announced. I ended up paying $5.00 more than list to have the thing for two days before it was available again.

And now I find that I missed out on a free prop too. I'm cursed.

It must be because I sold my copy of John's Greater Magic vhs video... What was I thinking?
Free_Mind
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Free_Mind
I havent read Carneycopia BUT I do own all of Bannon's books (Imposs, SM, DMF) and I must say they contain the most creative magic I own (on par with AOA but more useful). Bannon has a creative and deceptive mind that will sure fool your spectators as well. I have heard great things on Carney but have not read it. I am interested in purchasing it however.
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
To answer the question:

the bannon books are WAY better then the bannon videos.

enjoy!
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
Buy Carneycopia (while you can)!

Sean
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Smoke and Mirrors/Impossibilia-Books or DVD's? (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL