The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Coin Ovations by Reed McClintock (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

español jeff
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of español jeff
Does anyone have this DVD? I'm interested in your thoughts. I've seen some pretty incredible stuff that McClintock does on the COINvention DVD, and would like to learn more about what he does. Seems like a good long-range project. Thanks, Jeff
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I am on the same boat as you. I loved his 3 Fly. still havent gotten it but I will.
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2317 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
He has a great set of coin material. If you get a chance, check out his version of Jim Pace's 13 coin matrix. Incredible!! And he also has a very cool ENK with a special Lassen something.

Take care. Smile
coinmagic143
View Profile
New user
Annapolis, MD
67 Posts

Profile of coinmagic143
The three fly routine that Reed performed during the "3 fly forum" at Coinvention is the same one explained on his Coin Ovations DVD, along with the 13 Coin and ENK routine Brian is making reference to. I think IMO that Reed's Coin Ovation DVD is his best one. I liked it better than his Coin Patriot DVD. You'll truly get your moneys worth from this DVD. Cheers,

Bill
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
4729 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
I wrote a small review of Coin Ovations some time ago, perhaps this will help you decide whether or not you want to invest in the material. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
español jeff
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of español jeff
Thanks guys. It never hurts to get opinions. And great review, Steve. It sounds like the dvd is exactly what I'm looking for, and is on it's way. Jeff PS...Thank you, Steve, for this great forum.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Thanks a lot fellas you too Steve. LOL Joke . but I guess I need to get this. My coin purse is shaking.
español jeff
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of español jeff
Did you order it, paisa23? I did but, unfortunately, from the wrong online magic shop. Still waiting.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
WOW almost a year later and still pondering about this. I am mainly intrestedin his 3 Fly, I'm not sure if I should get it for only one routine.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4454 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Most people say if you can learn one new thing from a DVD or Book, you should be happy
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
That is true and normally I agree with that. But I think coins hate me sometimes. But I ordered it anyway.
info2victor
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of info2victor
The reviews are true~

I myself got this DVD a few months ago, and it is really a good one. The first effect of coin matrix is really a knuckle buster... as far as I remember it doesn't require gaffs... pure show of skill.

The ENK is also nice and in his DVD he goes straight into the scream fly, which means you can do these 2 in a row.

The scream fly itself is my favorite. It requires a gaff which you'll probably have, but provides way better results than using say, an extra coin. Actually this is the one I currently use, with of coz some modifications. I particularly like in the end you can show the 3 flew coins rather cleanly in your hand.

The international 3 fly is also an interesting one. Just I don't own that gaff...(not because it's hard to find, but I want to use sterling chinese coins which seems to be out of production these days), otherwise I'll surely perform it.

Other than the 13 coin matrix I think if you've been perfroming coin magic for a while it's not very hard to learn those nice stuff. I enjoy his way of performing stand-up.
It only takes a minute to learn how it is done, but takes a lifetime to learn how to do it.

You've got a coin?
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Thanks for the Quick Review. Thank you all, ill let you know what I think when I get it.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
OK I got it in and watched it here and there. Quick Question? Is he Using Soft Coins? I have a regular Kennedy Set with a shell but I'm not sure if I should op for the Soft ones. Any thoughts?
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
This DVD packs a load of knucle busters!! Look at the way he h***s that amount of coins!

Way cool!!
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
Jason Simonds
View Profile
Loyal user
Pensacola, FL
269 Posts

Profile of Jason Simonds
Paisa, is it worth getting for the 3 Fly routine?
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I am really considering getting them. OK well so I should get Soft Silver Dollars, instead of soft halves? Are they Milled as well or no? Again I have never worked with Silver Dollars and or Soft ones.
GeorgeSantos
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1106 Posts

Profile of GeorgeSantos
I thought his EKN was ungaffed.. ?

still thinking on getting this dvd too..

I wonder how is EKN compares to Daryl's ?
"David Roth is the greatest coin manipulator in the entire world.."

-Dai Vernon "The Professor"

I AM A FILIPINO MAGICIAN
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Coin Ovations by Reed McClintock (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.35 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL