The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Rings, strings & things Ľ Ľ Crazy manís handcuffs? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5828 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Is "The Power Link" a manuscript, or in a book or video?
magicrobin
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of magicrobin
The Power Link was in Trapdoor No. 33. Though like most rubber band tricks, the explanation is somewhat complex, it's easier to follow than Aronson's Ringleade, for example.

The actual linked state, and the various ways the two bands can be shown to be linked, are incredible.

Robin
cataquet
View Profile
Veteran user
England
362 Posts

Profile of cataquet
An interesting addition to CMH is the reverse link. Mark Mason shows on his video how you can link two separated bands back together. So, you can unlink them , and then link them back together. A must move for you CMH fans.

Bye for now

Harold
Harold Cataquet
magicrobin
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of magicrobin
Is the link any good? The links in CMH style I've seen are pretty bad, even in the hands of really good magicians. I'd love a good link.

Robin
cataquet
View Profile
Veteran user
England
362 Posts

Profile of cataquet
I found Mark Mason's reverse link really easy to follow and very convincing. However, I think it's only on his video.

Bye for now

Harold
Harold Cataquet
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1718 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
I always start out CMH with a link then use the regular unlink as a secondary effect.

I always thought that if you can unlink them, then you should be able to link them.

I describe the link in my lecture and have a description in my rubber band notes "The 'B' Movies. It's one of those things that is difficult to describe but easy to show. It will be on my video that is due out some time next year.

Regards,

Jon
Paragon 3D - the most incredible Card to Clear Box you will ever own. Be fooled here: http://youtu.be/GQxRZ1OGkUo
The Silent Treatment - Digital Edition: this iconic routine just got upgraded! Watch - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=phTDUhX0m9o
Order the bar-raising DVD set 'Connection' at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
preston91
View Profile
Regular user
clearwater,fl
187 Posts

Profile of preston91
Dan Harlanís "Ruberbands Vol. 1" has a linking move that he demonstrates and credits to someone else. It gets you back to the kinked position of CMH.. This is a good video IMHO. It has 2 complete routines using bands....

:xmastree:

Paul
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
We should perhaps clarify things. Some people call whatís often referred to as "CMH" "Linking Bands". Thatís a total misnomer, as they penetrate, they donít link. "Linking Bands" is an entirely different effect.

Reverse penetrations are just that, reverse penetrations. Nothing is linking (unless you take the idea of the hands and bands together being a continuous ring, but frankly I donít really buy that -- the hands arenít part of the effect).

Sorry, I know itís a minor point, but itís a huge pet peeve of mine Smile

Andy Leviss

Check out my new book for mentalists, Ramblings and Revelations (and other products for magicians and mentalists) at:

http://www.asquaredproductions.com
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
Axman
View Profile
Veteran user
339 Posts

Profile of Axman
There is a rubber band effect called "Black and White". I can't remember who it is by, but it is the strongest rubber band penetration I have ever seen. I'm positive there is a video of it somewhere on the web. Any info on this anyone?
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
It Might be wise for those performing Crazy man's Handcuffs to realize that it has one weakness that has come to light to me over the last few years, it is not something that is immediately apparent.

I am not using this effect. But, you know how people often like to show you their little trick, well several people (lay people) have shown me this trick all with the same explanation. "I saw a couple of different magicians performing it, so when I went home I played around with two elastics and it became obvious really"

It seems as if the weakness of this effect is the ability to work it out if you have the bands at hand. I myself must confess that I learnt it the same way after watching Copperfield perform it on a TV special

phillip
DoctorAmazo
View Profile
Special user
Florida
643 Posts

Profile of DoctorAmazo
I agree, Phillip. I was shown CMH many years ago in a magic shop. I had it figured out in my head before I left the shop. It took about 2 mins at home to get the move down.

Then, thinking in reverse, going "the other way" was obvious. The way I do it, the required finger movement is hidden by my other hand.

Next time I was in the shop, I wowed the guy by going both ways with it. He begged me to show him how! (I didn't!)
Mr.Crebar
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of Mr.Crebar
Im continually amazed at the popularity of this one. Simple and sweet I guess!
TKE
View Profile
Veteran user
NYC
352 Posts

Profile of TKE
To answer the original question...i think kenners missing link, when done right, is equally as good as cmh
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Pinnacle combined with Rhing Thing is the best one two punch in rubber band magic.

Missing Link is a dated effect, because you can not do the one hand display, that you can do with Found Link.

There is also a closely guarded secret that you can find out about at http://www.magicvideodepot.com of Vinnie Marini's one hand display version of Chric Kenners Missing Link that he has never taught, or put on any of his DVD's, or downloads out of respect for Chris.

CMH backward is called Back Together.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1152 Posts

Profile of Corbett
I like to use Pinnacle (ring on band), as a follow-up to CMH. Not sure it is better, but it's still pretty cool, and uses their ring to do it. Then keep the ring, pull out a shoelace, and away you go with ring on string, etc...
oldi
View Profile
New user
switzerland
92 Posts

Profile of oldi
Doctor Amazo
I think CMH, performed properly, does have no major weakness. Because you have the big advantage of a time misdirection. You show the two bands still linked together after the unlinking. Using the right pinkie to make a little snap during the "fake" unlinking (i do it twice - once for each strand)is actually very convincing!
Mano
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of Mano
Hi,

this one for the Crazy manís handcuffs Lovers,Enjoy iT.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=23w1vxVzXXc

Mano.
oldi
View Profile
New user
switzerland
92 Posts

Profile of oldi
Mano that is a wonderfull performance! Definitaly not one of those "found out after two minutes" routines.
Thans for sharing!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
GREAT FAST LINK. WOW
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
EXCELLANT!!!!!!!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Rings, strings & things Ľ Ľ Crazy manís handcuffs? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL