The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Andy Nyman's Dice Man (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
i don't know about you guys, but I'm gonna open the ONLY magic shop in Brunei!!!!!.....
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
Hehehe alright MagicMan1957!!! Smile
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
Dan LeFay
View Profile
Inner circle
Holland
1371 Posts

Profile of Dan LeFay
Maybe I'm out of line with this question, but if I'd buy the effect, would I be able to "upgrade" it by using other cards and case than the Diceman-logo cards?
"Things need not have happened to be true.
Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths,
that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes,
and forgot."
Neil Gaiman
YT
View Profile
New user
London, UK
24 Posts

Profile of YT
Dan LeFay - you probably would not be able to "upgrade" the cards supplied (they are nicely laminated) but you could possibly make up your own set once you see how the effect is achieved.
DarkKnight
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of DarkKnight
Quote:
On 2003-02-06 21:10, YT wrote:
Dan LeFay - you probably would not be able to "upgrade" the cards supplied (they are nicely laminated) but you could possibly make up your own set once you see how the effect is achieved.

You can buy small laminating machines that do business card sized things nicely. I was lucky that someone gave me one and it's proving invaluable !
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
I absolutely love this effect, I bought & started using it the same night. I worked out a cool beginning where the die appears as I am asking them to imagine what a red die with black spots looks like.

I carry this everywhere Smile

Smile
Gary
View Profile
Veteran user
Market Harborough, UK
367 Posts

Profile of Gary
I have used this effect very successfully a number of times with women who often see magic as a bit of a guy thing. Some sensitivity is needed due to the subject matter, but if you pick the right moment...

I use the story line of female 'mood- swings' and a new non-medical solution to the problem that will soon be available from the local pharmacy.

You can really elaborate on this theme, and it works beautifully with the words printed on the cards once the die is rolled. If you have the effect, you'll know what I mean.
"I can see clearly now, the brain has gone"
- Anon
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Sounds like a winner....mentalism or magic?
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
I second Gary's review! It's another one of my favorite packet effects w/dice.
Gerard
magicmann
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of magicmann
I agree this is one of my favourite effects.
Packs small with a big punch
cfrye
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon, USA
940 Posts

Profile of cfrye
Quote:
On 2004-05-04 05:35, sapolice wrote:
Sounds like a winner....mentalism or magic?

Both.
Gianni
View Profile
Special user
WILMINGTON, DE
993 Posts

Profile of Gianni
PLEASE tell me, before I buy this, if one must turn over the card as in, "Now let's see, you rolled a one. So that means that we spell out o-n-e."

I recently bought an effect that was somewhat well-reviewed on this board only to find that the above was the selection "process." Maybe a thread should be started in which we nominate certain aspects of an effect that must be conspicuously labelled before they can be legally sold. The one above gets my first vote.

Gianni
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2015 Posts

Profile of Platt
[quote]On 2004-05-04 15:52, Gianni wrote:
PLEASE tell me, before I buy this, if one must turn over the card as in, "Now let's see, you rolled a one. So that means that we spell out o-n-e."

[/

Nope. Free roll. Any number can come up. No word play.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
cfrye
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon, USA
940 Posts

Profile of cfrye
If the spectator hesitates at using a die, you can just have them think of a number from 1 to 6.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
But isn't rolling a one a problem?
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
928 Posts

Profile of Martino
Nope, they can genuinely roll any of the six numbers and the outcome will always be the same!

Just buy it!
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Yea, stop fishing around. If you like the effect and demo...that is reason enought to buy it. It is a wonderful mentalism walkaround effect.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Okay, Okay I'm not fishing though. I honestly read about the "one" on another thread.

I missed the 25 percent off sale, have to wait for another:)
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
The "one" can be done. It is a bold maneuver and of course not really what you want. but then again most people won't pick one.
sir_hugo
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of sir_hugo
I've never had anyone pick 'one'. But I'm also convinced that the effect would look exactly the same to an audience whatever number was picked.

Tom
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Andy Nyman's Dice Man (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL