The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Pull...SHHHHHH (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rtclark
View Profile
Veteran user
Panama City, FL
309 Posts

Profile of rtclark
Any techniques on silencing the pull. Seems it is very loud to me. NOt sure if the specs here it but it seems it keeps getting louder to me. Maybe it;s just because I'm in the know..
Rtclark

"When do I get IT"
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Pull to what effect? Just curious because I havethe same issue with My E-2
RealDeal JU
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
375 Posts

Profile of RealDeal JU
I used to think the same thing. I think that just because we know when its going to happen and from practicing we know what it sounds like we expect others to hear it too. In all the times I have used a pull, no one has picked up on the noise. Laymen wouldn't expect it to be a pull or even know what a pull is so they aren't listening for a noise, they are distracted by the effect that takes place. This is just my opinion.

Jim
"Challenge yourself to come up with your own

material, rather than buying into the idea that

you have to do the same thing that everyone

else is doing to be a good magician."
Allan
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Allan
I have been using pulls for close to 50 years & have never had anyone hear a thing.

It is like a TT. If you know about it you can see it. If you don't know about it, it remains invisible.
rtclark
View Profile
Veteran user
Panama City, FL
309 Posts

Profile of rtclark
Well, that is good news. I thought maybe my technique was changing and it was becoming a bad presentation but I guess it is in my own head. Thanks for the help guys.
Rtclark

"When do I get IT"
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1479 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
There is also the difference that when you are practicing alone in your living room you can hear the pull or reels sound all the time, but when you are performing in table hopping or other situations there will be a lot of background noise so nobody will hear it. Moreover, if your are pattering and making eye contact during the pull, then everybody will look at your face, and your voice will create even more noise to cover the sound from the pull. Now, even the noise from a loud reel will go by unnoticed - but a elastic pull should only make a very little noise. I use pulls and reels to vanish cigarettes and silks and nobody have ever questioned any noise.
MagicB1S
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville Tenn.
1039 Posts

Profile of MagicB1S
I always try to have my mouth going while I release the pull. The Spectator usualy is listening to you and not paying attention to the sound of the pull, I have never had a Laymen hear the noise either.
"There are Tricks To All Trades.... My Trade is all Tricks"

"An amature practices until he gets it right. A Professional Practices until he can't get it wrong"

www.Themagicchest.webs.com
bobswislosky@yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Pull...SHHHHHH (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL