The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Looking for wholesale source of Money Paddles (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2693 Posts

Profile of sethb
I am looking for a good wholesale source of plain, inexpensive Money Paddles. For those not familiar with it, this is the trick where three dimes multiply into six dimes, then a folded dollar bill appears, and finally a small mirror. Packs small, plays big, as they say!

I need a plain black plastic paddle, something that I can sell for about $5. My usual sources don't carry this, and surprisingly, a Net search hasn't turned up anything useful.

Anybody have a good wholesale source for these? Thanks! SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Check http://www.Learningmagic101.com. I'm not 100% sure as this is a new wholesale site started by a trusted friend, but he may carry something like it.

Skip
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2693 Posts

Profile of sethb
Thanks Skip. I checked and they seem to have everything BUT a money paddle. But you get an "A" for effort. SETH
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Seth, contact Jon at The Magic Corner (Jon@themagiccorner.com). Tell him I sent you and that you're looking for a wholesale source for the money paddle. If anyone can find it, he can.

If this doesn't work, I still get one more strike, right?

:o) Skip
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2693 Posts

Profile of sethb
Hey Skip, remember that the Café' is a magic place. So you can conjure up as many strikes as you like! <grin>

Thanks for the tip, I'll see what Jon might be able to do. I would have thought such a garden-variety item would be widely available, but so far I haven't had much luck. Either that or I've been looking in the wrong places. SETH
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2693 Posts

Profile of sethb
Well, I have now located a wholesale source for Money Paddles -- D. Robbins & Co. The paddles are apparently made by ElectroFun, and they look pretty good.

Does anyone have any experience with these? While it may seem like a strange question for a "slum magic" item, I'd like to know whether these paddles are finished off OK and are relatively durable. I don't want kids cutting themselves on any sharp edges, or having any paddles shatter or break from a minor bump. SETH
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
ASk them for a sample.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2693 Posts

Profile of sethb
Thanks, Pete, for the idea. Robbins does have a sample program, but only when you place a regular minimum order.

So I took a chance and ordered a few dozen anyway. Turns out the paddles are nicely packaged and come with surprisingly good instructions. (That way, I can concentrate on selling them, instead of giving lessons to the purchasers!) The paddle itself is fairly well made for what it is, and I shouldn't have any trouble selling them. Along with my order I was also able to get a few samples of other effects that I'm considering selling.

But I'm still looking for a plexiglass Money Paddle that's a little bigger and more substantial, that can justify a $5 price tag. I may ask Robbins if they carry or can get such a thing, and will continue to hunt around the Net, too. SETH
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3607 Posts

Profile of Kondini
An idea,,,, check the supplier of the wholesaler on any carded slum item, usualy China or Taiwan.
Make sure you can push your product first, then order direct to your own specs from the factory.
You will have to order by the gross but you will find that the savings are quite substantial.
I did this with pacs of the 4" linking Rings, original costs in the UK were £1:25 per piece,,,,,these went down to 28p per piece when ordered by the 20 gross which included postage as well.VAT and import were nil due to the requested Education stamp put on each box.

It took two years to shift the lot but as my retail price stayed the same I made a huge profit differential.

The demonstration made the sale!

Ken.
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2693 Posts

Profile of sethb
Actually, I had toyed with the idea of getting these made or adapting an already-existing item to this use. After all, it's just a paddle and mirror, this isn't rocket science, as they say.

I'll poke around a little further -- this can't be the only wholesale Money Paddle in the world! SETH
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Looking for wholesale source of Money Paddles (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL