The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Reasons to be tearful part 3... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Magicpitch
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of Magicpitch
Good luck Tad! The UK and Europe (notice how I didn't call them the same thing Smile ) are probably next on the list, so it'll be a while before anything else happens in the USA, again, if it happens.

It's very difficult to get people to spend $250 on a weekend class where they will learn more about magic and performing in 20 hours than they could imagine. However, they seem to have no problem buying $250 worth of gaffs that will sit in a drawer until they sell them or they die! It's an odd thing, and I know Denny has recently posted a similar note about lectures.

Having said that, we're doing fine, booking the classes, and look forward to seeing all those who are heading to the classes. Get lots of sleep now. You'll need it!
Trying to do the right thing, one customer at a time!
http://www.magicpitch.com/
We weed out the junk so you don't have to!
Visit our Blog at http://magicpitch.blogspot.com/
BAH1313
View Profile
Elite user
Ohio
445 Posts

Profile of BAH1313
Hey magicpitch! I'm wanting to come to the San Francisco Master Class, could you PM me the details? I need to know where to send my money and make travel arrangements.
I am truly blessed to have a job where people are laughing all the time and everyone believes in magic....Come to think of it, I'm blessed to even have a job.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2040 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
I did the Master class in Bradford UK.
If I could I would go on the Master Class again it is that good.
The best money I have ever spent in Magic, no joke.
Mario
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13350 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I'm working on attending. The dates might conflict with something else.
I'm hoping not.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
markjens
View Profile
Loyal user
N. CA
213 Posts

Profile of markjens
I don't know where best to post this, so I'll probably end up double posting here, and in the busker section. I am currently halfway through my weekend with Gazzo and company, and I have to tell you, I am already calling it a bargain. If we stopped today, it would be an absolute steal. Frank, I suspected this to be true before, but I can tell you for a surety now - whatever that date is, hand it off to someone else. This is that important. I don't mean, "You just have to learn how to do Gazzo's cups and balls." I mean, between the cups (and the thinking behind them), the egg bag - oh man, you have GOT to check out his stuff on the egg bag. I had a eureka moment today with the egg bag. The tossed out deck, the Immigration card trick, there is just too much to relate. I mean it though, it is worth both your time and money, and I will do my best when it is all over to try and go into detail. For now though, trust me when I tell you, Gazzo is a teacher extraordinaire. If you need it, he'll teach it. We worked on some top palming, top changing, peeks, and we're just getting started. If you can, go. If you can't, try harder.
markjens
View Profile
Loyal user
N. CA
213 Posts

Profile of markjens
Okay, I have to go into more detail now. There are some real points of value in this class that make it worth spending the money for, and rescheduling or handing off other gigs. I know that between the price of the class and handing off a gig, one could conceivably spend five hundred or so, but I would maintain that you will still be ahead of the game. I almost wish I had the money to guarantee that comment, but America has become 'interesting' where guarantees are concerned. If I remember right, Gazzo does guarantee his class though. (Check that info for accuracy if you don't mind) As I mentioned, his egg bag routine will bring a new effect into your repertoire. That trick will just knock a lay audience on their butts. It knocked a room full of magicians on their butts, and we didn't have any fifteen year olds, if you get my drift. The tossed out deck is wonderful, and goodness, you could get serious mileage out of that one. Restaurant guys, your take home will raise considerably if you'll ask the right questions. The Gentlemen's Game is something that you need to learn. I'll leave it at that. Let me tell you about the atmosphere; Gazzo's opening remarks serve to park the egos out in the parking lot, and from then on it is a supportive, respectful, cohesive group. We had a young lady fly down from Canada, and was so glad she did. (Gazzo would tell you that he got the best of the deal, though) I'll close for now. Truly, go if there is any way to go, and most importantly, be good to your wives or significant other. They need to know that you'll be 'out for the weekend' - the WHOLE weekend. Really, clear the decks, get the time allotted, and make it up to them either before or after. You'll enjoy the class so much more if you do.
John Bowlin
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
827 Posts

Profile of John Bowlin
I've got to do this! Any plan yet for an east coaster in the spring or early summer? Yea I know it's a long way off but it will give me something else to look forward too through the winter.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Jonnyb,
It's been hinted that this is the last of the Master Classes for a long time, maybe the last one ever. If you can swing it, consider a weekend vacation to Las Vegas.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3178 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
I would be pretty sure that Las Vegas will be the last.

When Gazzo gets done trying to teach me anything, I am sure it will stop him from ever wanting to try to teach anyone anything again.....

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
John Bowlin
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
827 Posts

Profile of John Bowlin
Bummer Dave..too short notice for me. Guess it will just be Gazzo on DVD for me. Then again I saw the Stones do their last tour 3 times....so far.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
From what I hear you're not a veteran street performer until you've seen Gazzo retire at least three times. Smile
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
John Bowlin
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
827 Posts

Profile of John Bowlin
From what I hear, I'm not even a roookie street performer! C'mon Gazzo..doesn't that make ya want a clean mold! No unlearning..I'm the shizbutt of a clean slate!
John
Laird
View Profile
Regular user
Kansas City
124 Posts

Profile of Laird
Gazzo,
Could you please rethink coming to the midwest. You can crash at my house. Contact Phil Klein at US MAGIC. Youv'e done the east and west, now do the part in between. Thank you,
Laird
It's never to late to have a happy childhold!
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3178 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
OK, I am mostly packed, and flying out to Las Vegas tomorrow on a 7:00 AM flight for the Gazzo Master Class. I will rest up for a day, then have at it.

Midwest Laird? I think of Kansas as right in the middle of the country not the midwest.....Smile Good luck in getting Gazzo to come out there.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Gazzo
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of Gazzo
Quote:
On 2005-10-27 15:22, Laird wrote:
Gazzo,
Could you please rethink coming to the midwest. You can crash at my house. Contact Phil Klein at US MAGIC. Youv'e done the east and west, now do the part in between. Thank you,
Laird

No Laird Las Vegas will be my last workshop (masterclass).
Gazzo
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of Gazzo
Also, as of 12 o'clock tonight, I will be retired. You need to get all of my products that you can, as they will soon be only found elsewhere. Watch this space for further details.

I am turning Magic Pitch over to Steve Shepard. The rest can kiss my ***. Especially Jim Wilder, Jersey Jim, but not Danny Hustle... he may fly across country to do it.
Your friend,
Gazzo

p.s. I will be doing 4 conventions... Detroit, Michigan; Blackpool as a demonstrator; SEAM, and FISM as a feature act.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Gazzo retired? Again???
John Bowlin
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
827 Posts

Profile of John Bowlin
Man,I had hopes that SF was going to be the last. I could have made that one. Can't believe there wasn't enough interest to make that one worth while. Oh well...have to catch the next comeback tour. You're going to go to Detroit and I can't get you to come to Baltimore??..get your priorities straight man! Best of luck in whatever you do.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3399 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Gazzo,
I'll fly anywhere to kiss your ***. I've taken all my learning from you and the street right into corporate gigs. That experience is my edge and secret weapon. Thanks, Gaz!

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2040 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Gazzo
I have learned a lot from you in regards to magic and the pouch you made me is one of my most cherished magic props.

You are very generous in what you taught us, no one can say you have not giving enough and should not question your choice to say enough is enough.

Any one that has not made the effort to make it to your class should not expect you make the effort to get to them.

I would have walked on a broken glass to make it to Bradford knowing what you were going to teach and has revolutionized the way I do magic. Not that I am a carbon copy of you in any sense, but my attitude towards magic has completely changed.

Mario
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Reasons to be tearful part 3... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL