The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mac King Fishing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
smacks183
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of smacks183
Does anyone know if the method Mac King uses for his fish appear is that of aeriel fishing? If not, anyone know if his method is available? Thanks.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I am working a new version of this effect that I hope to have out the first part of next year.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Darius666
View Profile
Veteran user
London
368 Posts

Profile of Darius666
Scott Penrose has a great pocket size version of this effect. I use it all the time, plays really big.
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1424 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
There is a version that just came out on Hocus-Pocus.
shawn popp
View Profile
Veteran user
Denver
313 Posts

Profile of shawn popp
Look in McComb's Magic by Billy McComb
runawayjag
View Profile
Inner circle
1085 Posts

Profile of runawayjag
I won't tip Mac's specific method, but he actually bought one of the Aerial Fishing props he uses from me a few years ago when he was first contemplating adding the effect to his already outstanding act.

I had one based on the original Okito method (not built by Okito), a Stull fishbowl and a P&L Fishbowl. I think you can guess which one he opted for.

It's a great trick and seldom seen. The only other performer of recent times I know that actually featured it in his show was the late.Gene DeVoe here in St. Louis. And, it was a killer.

Other than having live goldfish, it's really not all that inconvenient. The two fishbowl method are particularly easy to do, as far as the actual mechanics of the effect. Now, the presentation, that's another story...
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I've seen Mac's show (great) and use to perform this also. I settled for one I do now that doesn't have me looking all over for the rod and reel:)

Seriously, the pocket version is a good one. Not many people like dealing with real fish though. No problem for me, they are in every show I perform, I use feeders for 12 cts from Walmart, keep them in a 5 gal tank. The real magic is keeping feeders alive:)
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Alain NU also featured this effect as does Alan Shaxon.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I have the gimmicks but have never figured out a routine that I felt was right for me. I have NOT seen Mac do his... what I was going to do was catch fish out of ringside table drinks in comedy club setting. Somewhere I still have the bowl and I know the appearing fish gimmicks.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Mac is my hero. His routine is simply hillarious. Although, I've often wondered what he does when a fish dies during the performance. I've seen him 9 times and it's never happened but I"m guessing the routine, especially his ending can't be that much fun for the fish.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Alan Saxon has a very good routine and the last fish is caught from a ringside drink.

Mac Birch did it as an interlude in his show. His patter was about his hobby of fishing that he doesn't get much chance to do because of traveling. So he would like to do a little onstage fishing. A nice patter line and in Mac's hands it must have been a miracle.

Richard
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1223 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
The version I learned was from the Magic of Alan Wakeling book by Jim Steinmeyer.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2005-09-30 00:33, Michael Dustman wrote:
The version I learned was from the Magic of Alan Wakeling book by Jim Steinmeyer.

In the book Alan used all the methods. So which one did you settle on?

I seen Matt King many years ago here at the local comdey club, he did not do a catching fish effect. He did a catching fish on a TV special if I remember correctly, but the method was the TT I believe. If he is selling or performing a new method in his daily shows. Then I have not heard about it as of this posting.

Being this is for new tricks section, can someone post where this effect is being sold on the web. Or, was this posting put in the wrong topic?
Brent W
View Profile
Regular user
Ohio
123 Posts

Profile of Brent W
Where does it say "new" in the heading for this topic? It is about tricks AND effects.
Brent W
View Profile
Regular user
Ohio
123 Posts

Profile of Brent W
And by the way, it's MAC not MATT
kcedelcycib
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of kcedelcycib
Mac's routine is so...Mac.

That boy's got a knack for making dorky lookin tricks a big ol barrel o' monkeys!

I bow to him I do.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Just to update this thread a bit..I have recently completed an Alan Shaxon style pole. Boy what a work it was. The hardest part was making it all fit into a salesman case, including the stand and pole.
I might add that I only made on the permission of Scott Penrose and the customer had purchased the Shaxon book. That is the only way I will ever make it as to do less would unfair to the legacy of Alan.
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
paul180
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of paul180
Some routines while not original to the performer seem to become theirs after they put theeir spin on it. I've seen Mr. King and he even made a joke at my wedding and I'd just assume leave this effect in his hands. But that's just me. It's like when I asked Doug Henning backstage of "the Magic Show" his version of Gene Anderson's torn and restored newspaper he responded, that's mine. I only found out latter in Tannens magic shop by Tony Spina that the effect was Mr. Anderson's.

So maybe, we should just leave well enough alone?
A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a foolish man can learn from a wise answer.

Attributing negativity to a topic or post doesn't make the topic or post negative,
it shines a light on the negativity of the person or persons, making the attributions.

BEWARE these Debbie downers and anything they say. They simply lack the self esteem or good will, to be positive or productive. Your belief in self, is more
important and is all that matters, for your success to be glorious.
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
I had an Abbott aerial fishing. I only did it was because the fish were too much trouble to keep and transport.
I believe John Booth featured it in his act.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Should say "I only did it once"
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mac King Fishing (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL