The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Don Drake's Moving Wall Technology (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
brandonford1982
View Profile
Veteran user
304 Posts

Profile of brandonford1982
I added this to the Black Art Section but it seems not too many people venture there. so I thought I would post here as well

To Anyone Seriously interested in doing major illusions at a small price, please go check out Don Drake's Moving Wall technology! It is Pure Genius. I received mine in the mail yesterday and Right after it came out of the box I could think of at least 5 show stopping illusions I could do with this, Osmosis, million Dollar Appearance, Levitations, Suspended Metamorphosis with out bulk equipment, and a motorcycle Appearance! I highly recommend this New illusion concept to not only professionals but to part time pros who want to play with the big boys (that's me).

The entire unit can be made to travel easily in your car taking up no more space that a bicycle would. It can be used almost anywhere indoors with certain lighting requirements.(obviously) And it is so easy to perform its not even funny! this is in my opinion the final Answer to Black Art Magic. This is the newest method in Black Art in probably 50 years!

PLEASE consider this amazing Technology before you buy that next big trick!

http://www.blackartsecrets.com
Dreams are a matter of choice, not chance. Live your Dreams. -DC
B.K.Pal
View Profile
New user
India
74 Posts

Profile of B.K.Pal
I understand, modern black art uses black light. Any danger by exposure to it caused to the performer? What are the precautions?
Sincerely Yours,....PAL
brandonford1982
View Profile
Veteran user
304 Posts

BK Black Art Does not use Black Light. I cannot say too much but if you look at Don's Site you will get an idea of what BA is all about.
B.K.Pal
View Profile
New user
India
74 Posts

Profile of B.K.Pal
Thanks Brandon for kind response.I am getting interested in BA and would certainly like to learn more.
Sincerely Yours,....PAL
Saydean
View Profile
Loyal user
Omaha,Nebraska
206 Posts

Profile of Saydean
Black art can easily take you from beginner to astounding in a very short time. Buy Don Drakes book and expand your magic repertoire.
magicgraham
View Profile
Regular user
Mesa Arizona
138 Posts

Profile of magicgraham
I talked to Don at length about this idea at the IBM convention it sounds amazing and amazingly practical.
reedrc
View Profile
Inner circle
1349 Posts

Profile of reedrc
For the record: This technology has been around for years. Suspended blackart, moving walls and the like are nothing new. I think that Don is a friggin genious with b/a - but the use of this stuff is nothing new.
Kind Regards

Ryan C. Reed
Founder, Illusion Entertainment

designer, director, theatrical consultant, digital wizard, magic impresario, wonder aficionado, Illusioneer & dream architect.

Instagram
Facebook
magicdave777
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of magicdave777
Would be nice if there were some video clips the illusions mentioned. I couldn't find any on his website.
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
I agree ... it's hard to make a $4,000+ purchase unseen, without being able to examine the product, and not even a video to watch the effects.
Jeb Sherrill
View Profile
Inner circle
Elsewhere
1161 Posts

Profile of Jeb Sherrill
Some Black Art does us Black Lights, some don't. It depends on the effect you want. Black light is somewhat more rare in magic, but used extensively in Black Art puppet theater.

Sable
I don't believe in reincarnation, but I may have in another life.
GarySumpter
View Profile
Special user
UK
857 Posts

Profile of GarySumpter
I spoke to Don about the lack of videos and he refuses to put them up as us magic folk will rip them to pieces (true, true)

HOWEVER, we need SOMETHING to base our judgement on. See I always imagine black art as a VERY simple thing, so if Mr Drake has these revolutionary techniques, I'd like to see them in ction.

Only THEN would I part with my hard earned cash!

Gary
doublelift
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

Profile of doublelift
Perhaps someone is performing this local. I wonder if Don would let us know where it could be seen performed by one of his customers. I am always ready to see quality magic!
Owen Anderson
View Profile
Loyal user
A sturdy fence needs at least
228 Posts

Profile of Owen Anderson
One of the performers on Lance Burton's The Secrets of Magic dvd is Omar Pasha doing his black art act. It will give you a taste of a black art show. Check Amazon for the dvd.
Owen Anderson
PaxMentis
View Profile
Loyal user
Long Beach, CA
239 Posts

Profile of PaxMentis
A very large number of us have made expensive purchases of illusions without seeing a video or live performance. We bought strickly on reputation or word of mouth. This is really no different. We will be using Don as a consultant and of course, his products in Alexander's, "In the BLINK of an EYE" production. Don did a small presentation before a group of our investors and they were literally spellbound. We have thoroughly researched this art form and are convinced beyond a doubt that it will be the highlite of the show. Check out Omar Pasha's performance on the Hidden Secrets of Magic and you will get an excellent representation of what black art can do for you.

Best regards,
Bill Thomas
Do not go where the path may lead, but go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1043 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
You buy expansive illusiosn without even seeing them!!! I, for one would never do so. That is just looking for trouble.
Nick
brandonford1982
View Profile
Veteran user
304 Posts

I have the Set built but I think that the best uses for BA is when you think its not being used. So you may see shows that are using it but not realize it. I know there is a Magician in Wisconsin Dells using BA in his show... Mine will soon be using it. IU live in St Petersburg, FL but don't have onging shows all the time. Omar Pasha, but hes over seas, umm.... Copperfield **, Burton's Dual of Death Routine
PaxMentis
View Profile
Loyal user
Long Beach, CA
239 Posts

Profile of PaxMentis
Hi Nick,
We purchased one of the first IMPALED illusions from Owen Magic without seeing it actually performed. It wasn't being done at the time. We relied strickly on the reputation of Owen when we made our decision to buy it for the Pendragons. Since then, we have purchased other cutting edge illusions from Owen and other reputatble builders without experiencing any trouble. Perhaps some fine tuning, but not trouble performing the illusion. We have a good track record in this area and don't see any need to change horses in mid stream. With the BA, we did extensive research on the art form and Don Drake and felt totally confident in our decision making.
Best regards,
Bill
Do not go where the path may lead, but go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1522 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Do any of you own the MWT set up from Don Drake? I'm seriously considering it. Thinking about all the effects a bizarrist could do with this makes my wallett throw up its innards.
PaxMentis
View Profile
Loyal user
Long Beach, CA
239 Posts

Profile of PaxMentis
Hi Brandon,
Tamaka and the Empress just purchased the "Wall" from Don and from what he tells me, he's very happy with the purchase and the unlimited illusions that can be created from it. We just ordered ours a few weeks ago, so we're not in a position to voice any comments, pro or con at this time.
Hope more magicians respond.
Best regards,
Bill
PaxMentis
View Profile
Loyal user
Long Beach, CA
239 Posts

Profile of PaxMentis
Brandon, I just found Tamaka's email address. tamaka3715@aol.com He's a terrific guy to talk to and will give you lots of pointers.
Bill
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Don Drake's Moving Wall Technology (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL