The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » FEAR: the beginning of WISDOM... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
"...It's about Sango, Baba...he wont obey, and he no longer goes to school," said Maria in a desperate plea.

"Okay, send him here..." He smiled. "We will show him the way, mama."

Later, the young lad of 15 years walked up the dusty path to the Ol' Baba's Divining hut, made from Bamboo and straw. He walked in, and saw the old man playing Chess, seemingly by himself.

"Sit, down son, I've waited for you," said the Old man lighting his cigar with the candle.

"It is time we contact your ancestor Spirits," He said, setting the game aside. "Think of the one that you were so close to, until they passed away...here write it down, when you're ready.Listen to the voiceless voice..."

As the youth was doing this, Baba got up from the beaten table. He reached for the Healing Water he kept in the copper basin. He walked to Sango, and carefully sprinkled it upon his head. Sango did not look up.

The curious youth watched as Baba grabbed his set of Bones. He pointed to the paper and instructed the lad to "throw it in the fire."

CRASH! the bones fell from Baba's ancient hands, falling into the Opan tray, forming a mystic Odu, pattern.

"Your Ancestor....Zarina Afua...she has stepped in to claim you," he whispered, pointing to the bones. "She shall be as your guardian...she will see to it that you do much better in your attendance and grades in school. "Be sure to be truthful, and upright...then the blessings shall flow..."

Sango sat, motionless, seemingly hypnotized by the baritoned utterances.

"You are destined to be the Master of yourself...as long as you remember the MASTER is the HUMBLE STUDENT," Baba grinned.

"You may go now, but remember what you heard. "Listen to your Spirit. Before you go, here look, I have three copper cups and three red balls..."

...SO yes, a month later Maria saw a dramatic and complete turn around with the young lad. He and the Baba became close, and Sango eventually inherited all the Old man's mystic secrets...

---------------------------------------------------

Just want to show how powerful readings, nay, encounters can be to such a youth. He was slowly going down the wrong path, and a simple brief reminder of who he was and where he comes from has had such a profound impact on the teen.

Some seek to take great advantage of such supposed powers, and this is undesirable. What we truly seek is to uplift, and inspire the would be client. Readings, perhaps more than a magic effect, may serve as a strong foundation to cause one to look deeper into themselves and the greater scheme of things.

some get too lost, too attached to a script...and often give the same script to everyone! I know there exist a myriad of generalities, that are attributed to most people, but I remind you to keep it flexible, and dare I say, INTUITIVE?". Really READ the client, the student.

Gede.

Ps. I didn't give away an effect here fellas, so don't call me Liar! just a story here. Smile
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
Gede : you should really work on a book FAST! that's all I can say right now! and the chess board has been patented Smile Smile will send you blueprints! I am so proud of myself hihihi
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
ptbeast
View Profile
Special user
Oregon
831 Posts

Profile of ptbeast
Thank you for the reminder. Sometimes we forget the power we
possess, whether for good or evil.

And a liar? Never! You always have a right to change your mind.
Look how many in other fields have come out of "retirement."

Dave
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1941 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
Quote:
On 2005-09-29 04:53, pkg wrote:
Gede : you should really work on a book FAST!

That's what I keep telling him!
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
Ok should I start a new petition asking Gede for a book? Smile I am dead serious GEDE YOU SHOULD! YOU SHOULD! YOU SHOULD! I am willing to do the graphic designing and layout FOR FREE!
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Ill be willing to read it because I cant do what pkg can do je je you bring a lot to this place Brother . I know I am learning a lot from everything you say.
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
Thanx fellas...

as you know, I am indeed writing the book...but with the housefire and all, Ive been set back a bit. In it, We will discourse further on the power of such readings. The purpose of them as well.

Magic, conjuring began with a meaning...and I am doing my best to see that it carries this in its bosom for eternity...or until the Mushroom cloud comes...
Midnight333
View Profile
Veteran user
353 Posts

Profile of Midnight333
Ah how life gets in the way sometimes. Gede, I have an effect for your book I'll PM you with it. I hope all is well.
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
Thanx Midnight, yes email me!

...'Tis impossible to spark further reasonings on such profound subjects 'round here...
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
How the hell did I miss this until now ?
Anyway, glad I caught it when I did !
As always, beautiful, mon ami ! I think the moral narrative at the epilogue is a nice touch, you should put that in the book as well, just in case that was not your intention.
Got a PM for you too..
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
Tight story Gede..........keep stirring the pot.........I'm ready to invest in helping to publish your book...seriously!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » FEAR: the beginning of WISDOM... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL