The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Card on ceiling wax (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1390 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
Quote:
On 2005-09-29 18:44, paisa23 wrote:
IM assuming that its not Ammars product is it it seems the ad has some type of angel on it.

The picture on the Penguin site IS the Ammar one, the angel looking thing is Michaels logo. And his name is on it. If you already know the effect, refills are only $7.00. Which is pretty good. I think $12 with instructions.
And I think they ship for free.

ACE
TrevK
View Profile
New user
Fareham, England
8 Posts

Profile of TrevK
Just a quicky, but I have just bought some of Michael Ammars wax in a tub but it feels very solid. How do I first get it out of the tub and secondly make it softer to use for card on cieling? (wood and trees, etc...)

TrevK
"Last night I dreamed I ate a ten-pound marshmallow, and when I woke up the pillow was gone." Tommy Cooper
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1390 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
Trevk:
Use a little spoon to scoop it out, and rub it between your fingers.
on another note:

I just bought some of that stuff from Michaels the first poster talked about.

It was so soft and sticky! I opened my little secret box with my magic store card on ceiling wax, and it was hard as a rock compared to the new stuff.

thanks for the tip!

ACE
deadcatbounce
View Profile
Special user
the Wilds of Ireland
863 Posts

Profile of deadcatbounce
After doing the card on ceilng for perhaps .. more than say.. 3 or 5 hundred times, I hit a problem. The card would not stick, and I'd be left with.. at best, a load of cards in my hand, with rubber bands round them. At worst - cards all over the shop. With nothing on the ceiling.

After years of success, all of a sudden, I had two in a row non-workers. I was actually becoming scared of another failure.

I checked the ceilings, checked the cards, checked all I thought could be at fault, including the throw.
I just figured last week - that wax balls form a skin. Let me explain. I have my normal kit I use every week, when I work, and I always stick the container down my sock, so the wax gets good and ready for the performance. I get through about 5 or six balls a week, so my Number One tin is always refreshed with new balls. I also keep a spare set in another tin, in case I can't find the original tin. So.. I'd been using the spare tin which had the old wax balls in it. They didn't feel soft, or tacky to the touch, but after rollng them between the finger and thumb for a few seconds, they appeared to come back to life - softer, and sticky!

A quick roll between the finger and thumb before the attachment is the answer.. did it 3 times today.. loved it again!

So, moral is. keep your balls massaged reguarly!

I've tried making my own, but I find the Ammar wax to be the most reliably consistent. I've tried the cheaper variety, but it's just too hard.

I'd actually forgotten all about the card on ceiling up till I started working regularly again two years ago, and it really is an all time killer diller closer.
You can't really top it, and it's always heart warming to walk to the next table with a huge round of applause still going on!

DCB
"With every mistake - we must surely be learning..." George Harrison.
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
I found that Ammars wax is too solid for use in colder temperatures and have followed the advice above and gone for Tacky Wax. Fantastic stuff. Works everytime and taken all the guess work out of the effect.
feifei
View Profile
Regular user
United Kingdom
186 Posts

Profile of feifei
Indeed I found that Ammars wax is a bit too hard. Maybe I have left mine too long unused?
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1266 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Quote:
On 2009-01-16 11:06, feifei wrote:
Indeed I found that Ammars wax is a bit too hard. Maybe I have left mine too long unused?

You nailed it, feifei.
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Card on ceiling wax (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL