The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Old Time Photos (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SenseiStrange
View Profile
Veteran user
The Dead God's Dreams
345 Posts

Profile of SenseiStrange
Check out the slideshow. It is about halfway down on the right hand side.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/30/arts/d......;emc=rss
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
We MISSED you brother...ill email you later...thought you escaped into the...abyss...but alas, youre already there.

Baba
T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
Great exhibition! Thanks for the link.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Is anybody (besides me) currently using digital cameras to create these kinds of effects in real-time for presentations or shows?
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Hey guys,

Thanks for the link Sensei, I've been curious about the show and hope to check it out soon.

Now that this topic has been brought up, does anyone know of a good b & w or sepia picture of a priest, somewhere on line? I'd love to have a picture for my Don Bosco seance.

Mark
What would Wavy do?
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Never mind, found one.

Mark
What would Wavy do?
sinnead zenun
View Profile
Elite user
Mt. Makiling
408 Posts

Profile of sinnead zenun
Thanks sensei... recently I'm tryng this dark room techniques... thanks for the link its a great help...

by the way welcome back Smile
SenseiStrange
View Profile
Veteran user
The Dead God's Dreams
345 Posts

Profile of SenseiStrange
I have been lurking lately - and magic is keeping me too busy to type much. I have been putting in three days a week at the magic shop, performing on the weekends and practicing whenever my day job boss is not looking. Then there has been the Tarot reading business, martial arts, and that darn relationship gets in the way. Plus I am opening up for Bill Malone this weekend, and that extra practice is another stress on my work/play load. At the end of the day I am too pooped to pontificate on the finer points of magic via the net.

Speaking of the slide show, I wonder what that band of energy is between that ladies hand. Pretty cool stuff. Any ideas?
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Quote:
On 2005-10-05 22:47, SenseiStrange wrote:
Speaking of the slide show, I wonder what that band of energy is between that ladies hand.

Anyone who has developed black and white film and made prints from negatives sees lots of stuff like that, but it is usually thrown out with the trash as a "mistake." The medium probably got to the "faulty" print, recognized it as a good thing and kept the photographer or processor from tossing it away, or it could have even been doctored by the processor by one of several methods. It is not "light" you are seeing, but the absence of black pigment in that part of the photo which allows the natural white of the photo paper to appear to be light.

Using a digital camera and any graphics program on the software market, you can create such effects easily.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
SenseiStrange
View Profile
Veteran user
The Dead God's Dreams
345 Posts

Profile of SenseiStrange
I was hoping to do it in person, actually...darn. Well let me put on me ole' thinkin cap.
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Those photos are delightful!

If you need to make a sepiatone, it is very simple in Photoshop. Start with a color or black and white photo, turn it into a grayscale image, then turn it back to "color" (either RGB or CMYK). Adjust the brightness and contrast until you are pleased with it, then in the Adjustments menu click "More Red" once and "More Yellow" once. You now have a sepiatone. Happy Haunting!

Yours,

Paul
llsouder
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of llsouder
Those photo's are cool, but the narrator was a little on the arrogant side. I would like to see the whole collection.

In the slideshow, I would have used some scary "thermin" like sounds in the background and narrated the whole thing with echo (word for word).
richpoyle
View Profile
Regular user
UK
116 Posts

Profile of richpoyle
Quote:
On 2005-10-06 07:08, drwilson wrote:
If you need to make a sepiatone, it is very simple in Photoshop.

I'm using Photoshop v8. This version includes a sepia photo filter; very effective.
Harry H
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of Harry H
I love old Victorian photos; I am working on a routine with a girl and a doll photo I have(with photoshopped in Grandfather clock for a time prediction)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Old Time Photos (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL