We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » 1..2..3..Busking (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

curtgunz
View Profile
Special user
Only 99% of users have more than
784 Posts

Profile of curtgunz
I live in Lake Jackson, Texas (45 miles south of Houston and about an hour up the coast from Galvaston.

I'm interested in trying my hand at busking. Maybe out side of the public library. Or on the community college campus. Or the by the fountain down town.

But I don't know the in and outs.

First, what the leagle issues I need to know?

Second, what are the can't miss rookie tricks and gags?

Third, who has great DVD or Videos with material I can...stea.....borrow and learn from Smile?

Fourth, what am I too dumb to even know I should be asking?
Click for Free Resources for Performers

YouTube channel specifically for family & kids show magicians. Click -- You need to subscribe.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Invest in some educational materials.

Get ALL THREE of Cellini's "The Art of Street Performing" DVDs.
Get "The Secret Art of Magic" book by Eric Evans and Nowlin Craver.

Buy everything you can that Gazzo's name attached to it.

Most of this can be found at http://www.magicpitch.com
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3177 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Good advice from Dave there.

But also spend some time reading this forum, and use the search facility here to test specific issues before you ask about them. You will pleasnantly surprised by the number of answers to questions that you might wish to ask, but have been asked and answered time and time again.

In my opinion there are few new questions asked here anymore, as most of the meaningful/important questions have already been asked and there are many great responses.

Good luck in your efforts.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Robert Kohler
View Profile
Special user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
520 Posts

Profile of Robert Kohler
Third, who has great DVD or Videos with material I can...stea.....borrow and learn from ?

And learn the difference between 'stealing' a routine and allowing someone else's routine to influence your own personal style, character, and abilities.
We judge ourselves by our intentions - others judge us by our actions.....
<BR>
<BR>B. Wilson
markjens
View Profile
Loyal user
N. CA
213 Posts

Profile of markjens
Fitz (and Curt, who got this ball rolling), don't misunderstand - this isn't about whoever spends the most money will be the best on the streets. What the guys are trying to recommend to you is to surround yourself with good material. It happens that for street stuff, it is hard to beat Gazzo and Cellini. These are the 'giants' on whose shoulders we all stand. They are pioneers to modern day street magic, and great sources of information. That said, if you have no money at all, there are still sources online (the Magic Café included) where you can gain good information. Also, remember - it helps to have a good base of knowledge in the magic arts. Bobo for coins, Erdnase, Card College and Royal Road for cards, etc. Nothing will replace your own effort and sacrifice. As for some sources for this material, join a local club - a lot of them have a library.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » 1..2..3..Busking (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL